Chapter 8: Flashback

You and Steve wandered out to the park and started talking about what happened to him after his plane crashed and how he joined the Avengers. The whole time Steve talked you did nothing but stare. His eyes filled with joy as he talked about the adventures you guys shared when you guys were younger. The wrinkles on his forehead appeared as he laughed about a funny memory. You just saw him and remember how you guys used to be back then. 

Steve was like your younger brother, it was up to you to take care of him and make sure he didn't get into any trouble. You and Steve were friends from when you were teens you had just moved in across from him when you guys were 16. You instantly became friends as both your parents and Steve's mom had worked long hours during the war. 

One day as you two were walking back home, Steve's other friend James Barnes showed up to tell him something about what happened last week. Bucky was Steve's best friend they have been friends since childhood, which made it hard for him to be okay with your presence. He was very protective of Steve. He never really talked to you in the beginning. He would always just stare at you if you ever tried to talk to him. Eventually, over time you guys became pretty close. 

Everyone in the streets of Brooklyn knew you guys and knew how unbreakable your bond was. They were your only friends. You guys were always there for each other. When Steve's mom died when your parents died. No matter what, you guys did everything together. Which is why you lost them then.

Steve was a small 5'3 20-year-old who weight 90 pounds. But he was feisty, never backed down from a fight, and never wanted to give up on his goal to serve the country by joining the army. Which made him get bullied a lot, so Bucky and you were always there for him. You still remember the time when Bucky and you were out getting his regiment, while Steve was at the theater. Some douche was yapping at the army ad at the beginning of the movie. As usual, Mr. Patriot couldn't sit quietly so he decided to get his ass kicked in the back alley. Lucky for him Bucky and you were walking back home when you heard Steve. Both of you ran towards him, you helped Steve get up as Bucky kicked the guy's ass away. 

"Sometimes I think you like getting punched," Bucky said walking back to you guys. 

"What you get your orders?" Steve asked trying to stand up with confusion. 

"107th!" Bucky said looking at you.

"Sargent James Barnes," You said not breaking eye contact.

"Shipping out for England first thing in the morning" Bucky turned to Steve who dusted himself. 

"Come on guys, it's Bucky's last night we gotta get you cleaned so we can spend it together," You said trying to break the tension. 

"Where are we going?" Steve asked you guys walked out of the ally.

"To the future!" Bucky said handing him the newspaper in his hands.

At the Stark Expo

"Where is Y/N?" Steve asked as he and Bucky walked down the stairs to the expo.

"I told her to meet us at the show, she may be a few minutes late. She has to get ready you know?" Bucky said trying to find you.

"She doesn't have to, she already looks good-" Steve was cut off.

"There you guys are, I have been waiting here forever. Now come on the show is about to start." You said grabbing Bucky's hand and running towards the front of the crowd. Steve followed closely behind. As you and Bucky watched the show you noticed that Steve wasn't there so you tried to go around the expo to look for him. 

"The recruitment building, he has to be there," You said looking at the Uncle Sam poster. Bucky and you ran to the huge army recruitment building to see Steve standing in front of a soldier picture. 

"You can't just leave like that man. Now come on, we are going dancing." You tried to cheer him up.  

"No, you guys carry on, I will catch up," He said looking at the hallways on the other side. 

"Come on Steve, you can't keep doing this to yourself," You said stepping closer to him. 

"It's a Fair, I want to try my luck," he said nudging back. You looked at him with worry filling your eyes. "Y/N! men are laying down their lives... I got no right to do any less than them" He said slowly turning around and walking to the hallway. 

You turned back to Bucky. "I have to go after him, I am sorry!" You said while tears filled your eye. This might be the last time you will be seeing Bucky for a long time. You wanted to tell him about how you felt but at the moment Steve was more important. I will see him again, no matter what. You said to yourself. 

"No problem doll, I will be back when we win the war." He said kissing your forehead and walked away. 

"Bye Sarge!" You said, standing there and watching him walk away. James Buchanan Barnes, you have somehow managed to make me fall in love with you, chuckling at your own thoughts you turned around and walked towards Steve.

--Comment--

--Vote--

--Share--

--!!ENJOY!!--