Chapter 22: Mother's Necklace

You wake up a few hours later to see Steve sitting in a chair next to you. "Steve! I- What?" You were confused as you looked around not to be in the lab, but a hospital. "Hey, you're okay. Don't worry you're fine. Just rest up for some time okay, I will explain everything." He said as he took your hand.

"No, where is Tony. I need to see Tony right now!" You demanded, still weary from the pain. Steve called out for Tony who came rushing in. 

"Hey there, sweetie! Are you okay now or still in the mood to make purple fog?" He said as he hugged you.

"I am sorry, Tony. It's just finding out Bucky was alive then hearing about what they did to him. I- I just couldn't control myself." You said pulling away from the hug.

"Yeah, I am sorry too. I should have overreacted so much." He said as he looked back at Steve. "I can help you and Sam find him. He was there at the hydra base when we went to get her brothers. He almost shot her, so I knocked him out." He said looking back at you.

"Wait, that was Bucky?" You asked. "But his hand, what happened to his hand?"

"When he fell off the train, he broke it, so Hydra replaced it with a metal arm," Steve said getting up. 

"I scanned the place before leaving. I might have a way to help you guys with him." He said as he walked to the door. "Whatever we do, we will need her," He turned to you. "Please stay calm until then, use your anger on them not us. Please!" He said as he pouted and ran out of the room. 

"How do you deal with him?" You said turning to Steve. 

"I honestly don't know, at this point, I just got used to all his mood swings." He said helping you up. 

You guys slowly make your way to your room. You tell Steve that you will shower and meet him in the meeting room. You go into your room and set your clothes on your bed and walk to the nightstand to place Bucky's chain down and head to the shower. The whole time in the shower you tried to clear your mind, trying to think straight. But the cold water did nothing to help, your mind still pondered about how you were gonna save. How were you gonna save him?

You got out of the shower and got dressed, you took your chain and walked out of your room trying to put it on your way there. "Hey, Y/N let me help you with that," Thor said as he walked up from behind.  You hand him the chain and stand in place so he can put it on. "Why didn't you tell us?" He asked as he moved your fluffy raven aside and placed the necklace on. 

"What are you talking about?" You questioned him to stall him till he clipped the chain. 

He stopped and turned you to face him. He lifted your face gently with his index finger, as a small tear escaped your eye. "You know what I am talking about," He wiped the tear away. "The only time you actually talked about them was when you first came back and never utter a word about them or your pain after that. Why?" He forced your face to see him. You look at his watery eyes. "I, we could have helped you." 

"I didn't want to be a bigger burden on you, I have hurt our family enough, I couldn't hurt you guys anymore." You said slowly pulling away from him. 

"Who told you that? You weren't a burden." He shook his head. "You are my sister, nothing you do will ever hurt us." He pulled you closer. He turns you around and clips the necklace, and lets you walk to the meeting room. 

You walk into the room to see Nat, Steve, and another new face already there and Tony setting up the tv. "Hey! You must be Y/N, Bucky's girl." A heavy-built man got up from beside Steve and walked toward you with his hand out. 

"Yes, that would be me, and you are?" You asked as you awkwardly shake his hand before he could hug you. 

"I am Sam Wilson, Th-" 

"The falcon yeah, Steve told me." You say walking around him to Tony. "What's your plan, Tony?" You sit between Steve and Nat.

"Well, we looked over the scans and they have to deal with someone,  Zemo." Tony points to the screen. 

"Baron Zemo," Sam said clenching his fist. "That bastard just doesn't know when to stop, does he?" He shook his head in disbelief. 

"What? How do you know about him?" Tony asked. 

"Bucky and I were on a mission to find some information on the hydra bases and Mr. Suitkovia over here ruined it." He looked at Steve. "If he is involved we have to be extra careful!"

"Alright, well back to the plan." Tony turned back to the screen. "We don't have the full info about when or where these dealings are happening just the one next week." He turned back to you. 

"This mission will take weeks if not months so I need you guys to be alert all the time. We need them to know that we are involved so they can bring Bucky into the picture. We have to get their attention, the sooner the better. Also, we need to make sure that she is protected and not seen by them until Bucky is involved." Tony turns to Steve. 

"Our first mission is to get close enough to place a tracker on them, so no fighting. Just get in, get the information and get out. Sam, Nat and you will be going. I will have Clint on standby." He turns to you. "I need you to train, as much as possible, to try to control your anger. You will be training with Loki and Nat." He comes closer to you. "You might not be facing the Bucky you knew, he tried to kill you once, I know he won't hesitate the next time." He walked out.

"Steve, I won't hurt him, I can't." You turn around to face Steve.

"I know, we don't have to. We just have to get him to understand, to calm down." Steve said pulling you to the edge of your chair. "We will get him back, I promise." 

"I saw him, Steve. He knows me. He didn't shoot, he hesitated. He will again, I just have to get close to him. He knows me, Steve, he can't forget. I know he didn't." Your head drops to your hands as tears start to puddle up in your hand. 

"The necklace." Steve pointed to the necklace that was freely swinging from your neck. "It was Bucky's mother's. He told me that he would give it to his wife one day." He said as he pulled you close. "His dad bought it for her when he first told her, he loved her. In his family there was a tradition, you would present your future bride with a heart locket, proving that their heart belongs to her and only her." Steve kissed you on your forehead. 

"He will remember you. Don't worry." 

--Comment--

--Vote--

--Share--

--!!ENJOY!!--