Chapter 27: 32557038

You woke up to the sound of Tony and Steve talking in the hallway, you got up and went out. 

"What do you think we should do?" Steve asked as you walked out. 

"Hey guys, good morning," You said as you walked to them. "What's going on?"

"Well, we found a match, we have the building they might be at," Tony said turning to face you. 

"Well, then, what are you guys waiting for? Why can't we go in?" You tensed up to tony's dull and blue voice. 

"We can't just go in and attack, there will be people there, but we can't evacuate the people out either because then Hydra will know we are there. We have to come up with another way of going in." Tony stated. 

"I know what to do, just get everyone ready, we have to go there before something happens. They already know that we know about Nagel, we have to act quick." You walked into your room to change. 

You guys reached the building to see everyone in shock as to why there were a bunch of avengers standing inside a corporate building in full costume at 9 in the morning. 

"Tony, Steve, and Clint get to the basement. Nat and Sam stay out." You guys split up. 

Through the intercoms you hear Bruce, "There are 5,000 people here, how do you plan on getting them all out in time?" 

"Steve, and Tony as soon as you guys get to the basement lock all the ways out secure the whole floor, make sure no one can get out. Inform me once you do, I will get these people out of here." You walked around, looking for any suspicious-looking faces, anyone out of odd. You waited till Tony gave you a signal and when he did you pulled the fire alarm, causing a herd of people to evacuate the building. 

"Bruce keeps the fire trucks on standby, do not let them come in a 2-mile radius." You walked around the building making sure no one was there. "All clear here, Nat, Sam did you guys get the people to safety?" 

"Yeah, almost-" Nat was interrupted by Tony. 

"Guys you might wanna come down here, now!" 

You, Nat, and Sam ran down to the open basement doors. You guys walked into an empty dungeon and looking around the bare hallways for Tony, Steve, and Clint. 

"In here!" Steve yelled from a room a few feet away. You ran towards the sound to what looked like a torture room. It had a metal chair with all this weird machinery around it. The chair had a faint trace of blood that you hoped wasn't Bucky's. Everyone stood there already knowing what Hydra did to Bucky here, as you walked around trying to figure what happened there, trying to find clues of where they might be. You didn't realize the tears leaving your eyes as you walked to the chair. 

"Y/N, I am sorry! But we have to go, if they are not here that means they are still out." Steve held you as you leaned against him and sobbed. Everyone started walking out as you and Steve stood there trying to calm you down. 

"Can you give me a minute here alone, please!" You said as you straighten yourself. After a second of hesitation, Steve nodded and walked out. 

You looked around the room again. You walked to the wall full of lockers, seeing one slightly open, you spread it up to see a piece of paper sitting there with Bucky's dog chain. You took the chain and put it in your pocket, as you took the letter, Steve called for you, so you shoved it in your pocket and rushed behind to catch up with him. You took one final look at the place that was now forever gonna haunt you and walked out. 

The trip back to the compound was very quiet, no one really wanted to break the silence until you guys reached the compound. You got out first and rushed back to your room, if you had stayed around them another second, everyone would have seen how much of a mess you actually were. You shut the door behind and slid down against the door holding Bucky's dog tag and quietly sobbing. You knew Steve was probably outside so you didn't want him to hear you crying, or find out that you had Bucky's dog tag. You sat there thinking about the times with Bucky.

You laid there next to Bucky with his arm around you, you rested your head on his chest tracing his name on his dog tag. Bucky was playing with your hair as you laid there. The sunlight crept up slowly, indicated that your time together alone was coming to an end. "What's going on in that brain of yours?" Bucky asked as he stroked your hair. 

"I- just, I don't want this to end. I want to stay here, in your arms, forever." You said getting up to get ready. As you got up Bucky pulled you down onto him. He hugged you, closing the gap and keep you close to his body. 

"You can, who's stopping you?" He said placing a soft kiss on your head. 

" I just want to stay here, stay with you. It's just, the mission, and fear that each one might be our last. I can't keep living like this." You looked up at him, his eyes were sparkling blue as the sunlight hit them. 

"Don't say that, you know I have got your back-" 

"Yeah and I've got you."

"So, then why are you afraid, I trust you to keep me safe, don't you?" He said sitting up and setting you to sit properly on his lap. 

"I do, I do!" 

"So, then what it is?" he said as he slowly placed gentle kisses on your shoulder, leading up to your neck. 

"What about Steve? How will he react to us being together? What if he doesn't like it?" You were too distracted by those questions to notice Bucky slowly unhooking your bra. "Bucky! Stop, I am serious, what if we lose him, we are the only family he has." 

He looks up at you, seeing the worry in your eyes, "He will be fine, don't worry about that." He pulled you closer and placed kisses all over your face. "You worry too much about too many things, you have to stop worrying about others."

"And?" You pulled back 

"And, I think you have to stop, why can't you just worry about yourself. You're too caring Y/N." As he spoke you got up to get ready to go into the battlefield again. 

"Thanks for the compliment, Bucky." You buttoned up and pulled up your skirt. He got up walked to you. 

"I am serious, doll." He turned to the bed to get his clothes. "I don't think we can keep hanging out anymore if you're this perfect," He smirked. You laughed at his attempt to compliment. You stopped him from putting on his shirt and pushed him on the bed. 

"Am I too good?" You slowly walked closer and sat on his abs.

"Just flawless!" He smiled as he pushed a string of hair out of the way. 

You pulled out the letter, opened it, hoping it would help you lead you to Bucky. You sat up and starting reading. 

"If you want him, come to the Sokovia base alone! If any of your hero friends come with you, the thing you will get is his chopped-up head. You have 36 hours!"

You read the letter in horror, what were they gonna do to him, why did they need you, how to go to Sokovia without the avengers noticing? You got up and washed your face, trying to wash away the tears and red circles around your eyes. You shoved the paper into the pocket of your pants and left to go to the kitchen. 

Steve and Sam were sitting on the kitchen counter talking about something, while Nat was preparing food. "Hey! Are you okay? Wanna eat something?" Steve asked as you walked to the kitchen. He got up from his seat and walked to you. You shrugged away from his touch. "No, actually I want to go out for a few days. I just want to clear my head, I will be heading back to Asgard in a few days so, I though maybe I could go out see the city one last time." You walked to the door. 

"Do you want me to come with you?" Steve walked behind you. 

"No, I just want to be alone for some time, I will be back don't worry." You walked out. You didn't want to tell Steve about the letter, because you were afraid of how he might react, you didn't him to hurt himself, more importantly, you didn't want H.Y.D.R.A to hurt Bucky even more. So you walked out holding Bucky's tag tightly in your hand, knowing that this will probably be the last time you were to see him. 

--Comment--

--Vote--

--Share--

--!!ENJOY!!--