Chapter 9: Joining the U.S Army

Steve was escorted into a room and you took a walk around. "Excuse me, Miss!" An older man startled you. "You're friends with that boy?"  He said pointing to Steve through the curtained room. 

"He is not a boy," You defended your friend.

"Of course, no," He said stepping back. 

"Why do you ask?" You said now a little confused as to why this man needs Steve.

"He has a great deal of heart. There is a project I want to involve him in..." You furrow your brow. "Well, If you take him, you take me too" He nodded his head and walked towards Steve. 

"Wait do I follow you?" You said walking at a higher pace behind the man. 

Steve was sitting on the chair when the man and you entered the room. "Hey, Steve... So, you want to kill some Nazis?" He looked up from the file in his hand. "I think you may be perfect for a project." 

Steve looked at you, "Y/N... What's going on?" 

You had the same confusion on your face, "Honestly I don't know but I'll be with you through it." 

"if you're willing then I can welcome you to the U.S Army" He walked closer to Steve. "Congratulations you're doing to war," he said shaking his hand. 

"Both of us?" Steve said looking at you. 

"Yes Steve, both of us," You said darting your eyes at him. The doctor turned and left, leaving both of you alone in the room. 

"So... war..." You said trying to push down your worry, you never really wanted to go, but Steve and Bucky will be there and you had to make sure the two most reckless boys were safe no matter what. "Wait... You look mad!" 

"You never wanted to fight, Y/N," he said looking up at you. "I know," You said looking down at your feet. 

"So then, why are you doing this?" Steve said standing up. 

"I thought it was obvious" You looked at him. "You're my best friend, I'm not gonna let anything happen to you." 

"That's the whole reason?" he said stepping closer. 

"What more could there be?" You said through clenched teeth. You looked at him for a minute before answering "Look, you're like a brother to me, Steve... I'm not going to let you go without me."

Steve stepped closer then walked out of the room. "We'd better follow the doc, see what's gonna happen." You walk out right behind him. 

"Well, you two, are you ready to fight for your country?" Doc said stamping the files on the tables. Both of you nodded. "Well, good luck," he said walking away. 

You traveled to New Jersey the next morning and spend weeks training at the army camp. You were running drills when you hear "GRENADE!" You turned to see everyone running away, everyone except for STEVE! He ran right to the bomb and laid on top of it. You ran to him "Getaway!" He yelled pushing you away.  

"Steve I don't think it's alive" You yelled back, he looked up at you and then the doc. 

"Was that a test?" he said as you helped him up. The doctor just smiled and walked away. 

Steve was taken to his quarters, so you snuck into his barracks. "Can I come in?" You asked standing at the door. 

"Y/N? Sure! ... Come in" he said scooting over. 

"So what did they say?" You asked sitting on the bed in front of him. 

"Tomorrow I have a procedure, it's gonna make me strong," He said putting his book away. 

"And you're okay with that?" You asked. 

He looked up at you, "I'm just doing my part, Y/N" 

You moved a little bit closer to him. "Look, I promised Bucky that I'd keep an eye on you. So don't forget where you came from, okay?" He nodded and smiled as you headed out.

--Comment--

--Vote--

--Share--

--!!ENJOY!!--