Chapter 19: Back to reality

"Y/N?" Steve got up looking at you, with confusion. "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah! Just thinking about all the times we had!" You said a small tear escaped your eye. Thinking about how you spent the last 70 years. 

"How about we go out for dinner, I know this really good restaurant downtown. Let's head back before they worry." He said helping you up. "Be ready by 8!" 

You guys walked back to the building, smiling and talking.

Tony, Clint, and Nat were in the kitchen helping set the food up. Thor and Loki were sitting in the living room with Bruce. "Finally the lovers are back!" Tony said wiping the sweat off his forehead. 

"Haha! You think we dated?" You chuckled. You looked over to Steve who looked a little sad at your response. "Sorry! No, we are very close friends." You said turning back to Tony. 

"Be ready by 8!" Steve reminded before walking away. Tony and Nat looked at each other confused, before looking back at you.

"Guys! Come on!" You said trying to justify what is going on. "We thought we could go out for dinner and catch up a little bit more." You said walking to Thor and Loki. 

"When do you guys plan to go back?" Loki asked. You and Thor look at each other, then back at Loki, confused. 

"Why? I just got here. I want to stay a bit longer. And especially now that I know Steve is alive, I want to spend some time with him before going back." You whined. 

"But Odin will take away your powers and imprison you!" Loki's voice firm as he stood up. 

"Calm down brother! I will be fine, imprisonment is nothing new to me. I will be fine, my only concern is what he will do to you guys." You stand in Loki's way as you force him to sit back down. "I will do what I can to revoke his punishment on you. You guys won't last a day in those prisons" You looked at Thor. "Especially you golden child!" 

"So, what's your plan?" Thor said moving a little to make space for you to sit. 

"Well, I will have to first see how Odin is when we get back, however he asks, I will respond." You said lying next to him. "I can't ask Sif or Hogun for help because I didn't tell them I was coming here." You looked at Thor. "It would only cause another argument." You lean your head on his shoulder. "I feel like he is more of my babysitter than my boyfriend. I don't know why I am still with him?" 

"Because you two love each other." Thor tried to console you. 

"No, we like each other. I-" You said backing away. 

"And father is planning to get you two married, so now you have to deal with him," Loki added.  

You dart your eyes at Loki then back at Thor. "Yeah, whatever!" You look at the watch 7:30!. "Shit! I have to get ready." You get up and rush to your room not realizing Nat walking behind you. You enter your room and as you close the door behind you Nat holds the door. 

"Wait!"

"My god nat! You almost gave me a heart attack," You said allowing her in. 

"I wanted to help you with picking your dress," She said sitting on your bed. 

"There is no need for that, I am just gonna wear something light, it's just a friendly dinner." You sort through the clothes Nat gave you. You pick high-waisted black torn jeans and a tan spaghetti top. Then looked over to the clothes that were already there, something about the leather drew you to it, deciding to take the black leather jacket. You and Nat talked for a few minutes and then decide to head down.