Chapter 52: Planning, planning, planning

[A week later]

You had been staying at the compound for the last week, planning about how to take down Thanos. 

"How are we supposed to find him?" Nat asked. 

You had been beating yourself up over the same question ever since Thor told you that about what happened. 

"He took the tesseract but kept asking for th- the power stone," Thor explained. 

"The power stone?" Peter, one of the guardians of the galaxy, asked. 

"Yeah, the power stone," Thor nodded, "Do you know where it is?"

"Yeah," Peter shrugged his shoulders, "I stole it from Morag and sold it to the collector." He said proudly. 

You just smiled at his pride, patiently waiting for your turn to destroy it.

"You what?" Thor's face dropped. 

"Relax brother, he didn't."  You said, making Peter scrunch his face in confusion.

 "No, you didn't," You breathe out, leaning off the table and walking to the screen. 

"What do you mean I didn't? I am Star-Lord." He stood stoically, hands on his hips and chest puffed out.

"Who?" You questioned, confused about his title. 

"Star-Lord, the legendary outlaw?"

"I'm sorry," You apologized. 

"No, no, it's oka-"

"Who?" You asked again. Peter just stood there like someone kicked the breath out of him. 

You waited for a second for him to explain. "Anyway," You huffed turning back to the group. "You didn't steal the Power stone, what you stole was an orb containing a sample of the power stone."

"What's the difference?" Steve asked. 

"Well, this stone is empty, almost a fake, but it will still destroy you if you touch it."

"I touched it."

"No, you didn't." 

"Again-" He sighed, dropping his hands.

"You touched the orb, not the stone inside it." You explained, slowly so he can get it into his thick skull. "I made sure father made the orb very difficult to open, so one would actually touch it, fake or not."

"So, where's the actual stone?"  Tony asked. 

"That's actually destroyed."

"What?" Bruce interrupted. 

"Can you people just let me finish! Jesus Christ!" You shook your head, the pregnancy hormones starting to take action.

"Right, sorry." He apologized, letting you continue. 

"Well, when I absorbed the energy of the stone, it destroyed the stone. But if anyone knew that, they would have been after me, so Odin created an empty stone, having the ability to hold the energy of the stone." You pointed to the silver orb with purple designs on it on the screen. "The empty stone."

"But what was the purpose of an empty stone?" Steve asked, "No, I mean why not just a fake, it's not like you can open the orb anyway,"

"No, no, It's not impossible, just very hard." You explained. "And it's empty so my father can have control over me, you know if I did some out of order, he can take the powers back."