Chapter 26: Madripoor

You got up at the sound of your alarm, although you never really slept. You got ready and heading out to Sam's room to check on him. You knocked on his door twice before entering. You walked into his room with Sam still on the bed, curled up and snoring. He looked so peaceful, so you when over and smacked his face with a pillow. 

"Wake up, wake up, wake up." You yelled as you constantly beat him with the pillow. He groaned as he woke up "Bro, what the fuck are you doing?" His voice was deep and tired. You realized that he was naked as he sat up. 

"Ew, Sam please put on clothes! The jet leaves in 45 mins please, be ready." You said as you closed your eyes and ran out. 

Steve was already waiting at the jet. "A bit early, are we?" You said as you put your bags inside the jet. He walked up to you as you were shuffling through the jet and trying to make sure everything is fine. He stopped you by grabbing your shoulder and turning you to face him. 

"Can you promise me that you will be safe?" He had a strong grip on your shoulders almost painful, as he tried to keep you steady.

"You know I can't do that, but I will try," You slipped out of his grip and went back to check the stats of the jet. He was about to say something but was interrupted by Sam's grumpy ass whining. 

"Again, why are we up so early? I thought it was just 2 hours from here." Sam stumbled into the jet. 

"Because, we have to first meet up Sharon, then work out how we will get the information about the serum." You turned around to him. "Hey, look you have clothes on!"

"What?" Steve's face dropped. You smiled at Sam and looked back to Steve to reassure him nothing happened. 

You looked back at Sam. "Plus, I want to catch up with her to help with how to get her back." You waited for Sam to settle in as you said your bye to Steve. 

On the jet, you and sam when over how you guys went over the mission details again. 

You landed miles outside Madripoor so you waited for Sharon to come and pick you up. 

Sharon came about 30 mins later. 

"Hey! You must be Y/N?" She said as she shook your hand. 

"Yeah, and this is Sam," You pointed at Sam, who stood next to you like an awkward teen. 

"Yeah, I know. We've met before!" She turned to Sam and hugged him. "Good to see you again, Birman." 

"Wait, Birman? This is gonna be so good. When we are done, I want to know everything about what happened." You smiled as you put your things into her car. "I have a feeling that we are gonna be really good friends." She nodded and you guys drove off to her apartment. 

You guys walked into a lavish apartment, which looked more like an art gallery than a home. 

"Looks like breaking all those laws is treating you well?" Sam asked we walked in.

"Well, at some point I thought if I had to hustle, might as well join the life of a real hustler. You know how much I can get for a real Monet?" She walked ahead around the gallery. 

"Easy! Deactivate your hustle mode, you sell fake Monet's." He stopped her next to Women with a Parasol. 

"No, she means real. You know the artwork at museums like the Louvre is fake, 'cause it is in places like this." You say walking up behind him. 

"Okay, guys! I see what you're doing. You're more worldly than good old sam." He said pulling out his phone. 

"Oh yeah! What's Google say?" You say, walking past him behind Sharon.