Chapter 49: Rebecca Elizabeth Barnes

"Maaaa" Becky called out.

"Mama look who's here!" She ran into the kitchen where you were preparing lunch. 

It's been 6 years since you and Bucky got married, 4 since Becky was born. 7 years ago, you and Bucky gave up that superhero life and choose to take it slow, getting married, and finally start a family. 

It wasn't necessary calm, particularly the pregnancy part, having violent morning sickness, everything aching, always being hungry, the mood swings, and essentially the labor. 

24 hours in labor! 

But there was no way you could have done it without Bucky. He held your hair back when you would puke your guts out, or preparing baths, giving you massages, cooking, cleaning, dealing with your mood swings, everything. Even during labor, he stuck by your side the whole time, check to make sure you were fine, letting you squeezing his hand when they told you to push, instructing you to breathe, whispering sweet words to motivate you. 

Everything, all the pain you went through, the crying, the discomfort, the stress, everything vanished when you saw him hold your newborn. He hesitated a bit to hold her with his left hand, but it was almost like she could sense it because the first thing she did was hold onto his left arm and give him a warm smile. 

"My baby girl" He whispered as he placed a kiss on her forehead, before bringing her to you. You delicately held her close to your chest, careful to support her neck as you had practiced at the Lamaze classes. 

"Hello, sweetie!" You squealed, holding her up and kissing her cheek. 

"Do you guys have a name?" The nurse asked. You looked up from her adorable face and looked at Bucky seeing him stare in complete awe at the both of you. 

"Yeah" He chuckled looking up at the nurse. 

"Rebecca Elizabeth Barnes," You said not looking up from your daughter. 

Rebecca Elizabeth "Becky" Barnes, named after your friend, Peggy, because even though you didn't know her too long she was there for you when you lost all hope, and Bucky's sister, Rebecca, although you and she weren't too close she was Bucky's sister and he really missed her so this couldn't have been a better way to honor her.

--Comment--

--Vote--

--Share--

--!!ENJOY!!--