Chapter 48: Slow and Steady

Everyone walked down, leaving you two alone again. You turned around to Bucky, placing a hand on his chest and intertwining your other hand with his. "Thank you," you whispered as you kiss the valley between his pecks.

"Why are you thanking me, doll?" He chuckled, holding your face so you could look up at him.

"For this." You brought your left hand up.

"For this." pointing to the room.

"And especially for this" You brought your hand to the sides of his head, pulling it down, and placed a peck on his forehead. "For everything. I don't- I don't think I can ever repay you for everything you have done for me, Bucky I-"

"You can." He pulled you closer. "By promising me that you would never leave me, that you will stay by my side till the end of time, that you will be the first thing I will see after waking up and the last thing I see before sleeping. Came you promise me that?"

"Yeah!" You chuckled. "I promise" You smiled, reconnecting your lips again.

You guys pulled away as you heard Tony, and Sam arguing about something downstairs. Heading to the group situated in the living room of your home.

You walked downstairs to see Tony and Sam being held back by Clint and Steve. "Guys! You yelled, making Nat and Wanda pout. "Come on!" You rolled your eyes and sat at the edge of the navy blue L-shaped couch, with Bucky scooting in behind you. "Why are you fighting now?" You asked, leaning back to his chest. 

"Well, he is just jealous that the staring machine asked me for permission and not him," Tony said, straightening himself when Clint let go of him. 

"Permission for what?" You asked, looking up at Bucky. 

"To marry you"

You turned around to Bucky, "Wait you asked Tony?"

"Yeah, your father was never gonna say yes." He looked up at Tony, "it not like he did either, we had to beg him to say yes." He shook his head. 

"We?" You asked. 

"Yeah, Me, Bucky, and Steve had to beg him" Nat added, sitting back on the other side of the couch. 

"Tony?" You looked at him. "Why did you do that?"

"I live for drama." He shrugged his shoulder. "Plus I wanted to see what they would do for me to say yes." He stepped a bit closer to you. "I gotta say it wasn't what I expected. I was hoping they would propose to me too, but they just made this soppy speech about how much he loved you and everything" He rolled his eyes. 

"Remind me to make sure to take your kid away if it's a girl. I know you will make her life miserable." You laughed. 

"I already feel bad for her boyfriends, he will surely scare them all away," Nat added. 

After sitting around and chatting for some time, slowly everyone made their way back to the compound, with Steve to be the last out of the door. "I am so happy for you guys" He smiled hugging you two again. "Seriously, I can't think of a better match for you guys."

"God Rogers!" Sam called out from the lawn. "If you're done looking at them with heart eyes, we have to go. It's getting late and I am pretty sure they have things to do" Sam smirked, waving his hand and telling Steve to hurry up. Steve shook his head at him and turned around to face you guys again. 

"Thank you so much, Steve, it means so much coming from you!" You exclaimed. It was true from the time you and Bucky first started, the fear of Steve not accepting you guys always weighed you down, but finally getting his verbal approval, truly meant the world to you.