Chapter 53: My butterfly

Last chapter😭😭😭😭

"Hey we got this," You whispered to Bucky as he held Becky close to him, letting her sleep for a bit longer. You tried to convince her to stay back with the rest, but being your daughter she was stubborn and did not let you guys leave without her.

"We will be landing in 10 mins," Sam called out from the front of the jet. Making Bucky shake his head no, "There must be another way, we have to find another way." 

"James! It's either this or I fight with you guys, what are you picking?" You raised your eyebrow, angry that he was still stuck over this. 

"Look," You sighed, "I know this is not what we wanted but we have to, to make sure Beck doesn't have to live as we did, so she can be safe. And right now that's all I care about." You smiled, brushing through Becky's hair.

"Doll!" He reached around Becky to take your hands in his, "Just promise me you'll come back to us."

You looked up from Becky, meeting Bucky's fear-filled eyes. "I promise." You smiled, kissing his cheek. 

 "We got this." You took his hand.  

"Do you miss it?" He asked, shifting Becky to his other hand.

"Can I be honest?" You waited for his approval. 

"Always!" 

"I do, I really do. I don't miss the fighting part so much. But, to be able to save someone, to be there for someone. To be needed, and to be able to help." You looked up to him, seeing your daughter peacefully sleep in his arms. A small involuntary smile pulled at the corner of your lips. 

"Like you saved me?" He smiled. This is why you fell in love with Bucky, not being you knew him forever, or that he looked good, like really good. 

But because he knew you like nobody ever did. He knew you better than you knew yourself. He knew just how to make you feel good, even if that meant he had to hide his pain. He always had a way to bring your mood up, and just make you feel better. 

"Yes, like I saved you." You reached out, running your hand over your daughter's now calm hair, admiring how lucky you were to have the best husband, and daughter, and soon another. 

"You guys ready?" Nat asked, standing next to Steve as the jet landed. 

You walked hand in hand with Bucky, behind the couple, seeing T'challa and the Dora Milaje standing front and center, ready to greet you.

"Should we bow?" Bruce asked, walking out behind you. 

You were about to answer but were cut off by Rhodey, "Yeah, he's a king."

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something," You smiled at T'challa as you walked to them, shaking his hand, Steve, Nat, and Bucky behind you.

Bruce kneeled, clearing his throat. 

"What are you doing?" Rhodey whispered to him, shaking his head. 

T'challa looked over you guys to them. "We, we don't do that here." He shook his hands, turning around to lead you guys in. 

Before he started walked, he caught a glimpse of the tiny body Bucky was holding. "I see there is a Barnes jr." He smiled, turning to you. 

"Yeah, and a second one on the way." You beamed, rubbing your not so prominent belly. 

"Congrats y/n!" He hugged you, continuing to lead you guys in.

"So, how big of an assault should we expect?" He asked, walking you guys inside.