Chapter 51: Your niece

"What?" You stepped out of his grip, "No, no, no, he can't, he isn't, no." You walked backward, holding your stomach, tears brewing. "No, brother," 

"Y/N,"

"Don't you get it?"

"Y/N,"

 "It's another joke,"

"Y/N,"

"Watch, he will come back,"

"Y/N!" Thor called, almost inaudible. He shook his head no and pulled you in, letting you cry into his chest. 

"He can't," You repeated, fisting his shirt. 

Bucky was about to walk in, angry that Thor made you cry, not knowing what actually was happening.

"No Buck." Steve stopped him, pulling him back. "Give her a minute,"

"But she's-"

"Just give her a minute, she-" He tried to calm him down, seeing Bucky tense up as he watched you tear apart.

"No." Bucky pushed past Steve and stormed into the lab. 

"Doll?" His voice barely a whisper.

You ripped away from Thor and leaned into Bucky, clutching onto his shirt and burying your face into his neck, muffling your crying. 

He looked up at Thor, "What did you tell her?" His eyes burning with anger and rage. He stepped forward, still holding you close.

"Give him a break, Buck." Steve stepped in. 

"Loki, Loki, Loki is-i-is-is dead." You bawled, sliding down against him, unable to physically take the pain anymore. 

"Oh my god!" Bucky gasped. "Doll, I am so sorry." He held you up, letting you fall limp into him.

"Shhh, it's okay doll, it's okay." He shushed you, stroked your hair, calming you down. 

Everyone just stood there, silently letting you mourn the death of your brother. 

"What, what happened?" You asked, finally gaining a bit of energy to stand up. You stood up and turned towards Thor, who looked down and sat back down. "THOR! What? Happened?" You repeated through clenched teeth.

"Thanos."  Tony! But he wasn't around. You turned towards the voice, walking to the other side of the room. 

"He is planning to wipe out half the universe, by collecting all the infinite stones." He said, walking down into the room. 

You ran into his arms, feeling a bit stronger knowing that he was there and holding you.

"It's okay. I got you," He whispered into your hair, holding you tight and rocking you back and forth. 

"But, he-he couldn't, he, he-" You cried, leaving a damp spot on his shirt. 

"I know, I know, it's okay, it's okay." He repeated. 

After you finally composed yourself, you turned to Thor again. "How? Why? And where are we getting this son of a bitch?" Your voice, filled with anger, wanting to avenge your brother. 

"Y/N," Bucky tried to interfere but kept quiet when you looked at him with fire burning in your eyes.

"We can't just go in and take him out. He is an Eternal, he can't be stopped with the snap of your fingers." The build-a-bear spoke. 

"I don't know who you are but, I don't think you know who I am. I can turn you into dust with the snap of my fingers." You turned towards it, looking down at it.