Chapter 44: First Date

It's been a week since Bucky came back and the nerves still haven't rested. You tried not to make it obvious, but it looked like Bucky caught on, because he became a bit distant too, spending most of the days with Steve, Sam, and Nat. 

From the day you caught them in the meeting room till now, they spent almost every waking minute together. Which was really weird because like, why would Bucky spend time with Sam? Steve and Nat are understandable, they were his friends and they helped him out of hydra, but Sam? Something wasn't right and you have to find out. 

But before you went snooping around, spying on your boyfriend, you had to visit the fertility clinic. Which you did, three days after you guys came back, you and Nat went to a clinic a bit far away so no one would know. 

You were sitting on the edge of your bed waiting for them to call you back any minute now. You weren't too worried about Bucky walking in on you as the cap quartet was assembled in a meeting room yet again. 

You fidgeting with your phone when you heard a soft knock on the door. You drop your phone to the side and shuffle to the door. "Hey, I just wanted to check in on you, did they call yet?" Nat poked her head in. You sigh in relief and motion her to come in. You check the hallways before closing the door. 

"Don't worry he is with the boys in Tony's lab." Nat smiles as she sitting down on the armchair. 

"Yeah, I know. Just checking" You walk towards the bed, taking your phone in your hands again. 

"Did they call?"

"No, still waiting"

"Hey" Nat leaned forward from the chair placing her hand on your, drawing soft circles on your knuckles with her thumb "it's gonna be fine, don't worry about it okay? Even if the results aren't what you wanted, it won't matter. He still will love you just as much, remember that okay?" You look up from your phone at her, nodding and giving her a small smile. 

You guys sat in tense silence for a couple more minutes until your phone rang. 

"Hey! This is Debbie from the Rainbow Fertility Clinic, may I speak to Y/N Odindottir?" A middle-aged woman spoke on the phone. 

"Yeah, this is her"

"Oh good! Well, Ms. Odindottir, we have your test results ready, would you like to visit us to pick them up or should I email them to you." She sounding too preppy in the situation you were in. 

"Um, I, actually can you email it?"

"Sure, there is a registered email here, should I sent it to that or is there another one you would like me to send it to?"

"Oh, yeah, you can just send it to that one. Thank you so much, Debbie"

"No problem hon, just stay on call until you get the email." You hear her typing on the other end, "All this technology is too complicated for me, I am sorry it is taking so long babe." She said sweetly as she continued to type. The silence fell in the room again, as she tried to share the document. 

"Hey, um Debbie?"

"Yes, honey?"

"Actually, I am really nervous about the results. Um, is there any way you can just tell me what it says and send the email later?" You asked her nervously, not being able to wait any longer. She took a second before responding 

"Ah, sorry I am not allowed to do that hon." She paused, 

"Actually you know what sure sugar, just give me a minute, let me pull it up." 

Another pause. 

"All right" She mumbled as she read through the details of the results. "Oh, there it is, okay, Y/N, hon? You there?" Her voice drops a bit.