Chapter 8 - Home

Song Yu was also surprised by this move. What was this? Those who do evil will be ground down by others who do evil?

Originally, he and Xie Sui had been the main characters, but now that this had happened, nobody paid them any attention.

Cai Mingzhu's father was the president of a business group in the Jing City area, and she was used to being wanton and domineering. Her character was calculative and petty, and it wouldn't simply be a matter of losing money for anyone who provoked her. If she wanted, she could drive this family out of Jing City, and she had countless ways to make life difficult for them.

Inside the police station, after they checked the surveillance videos and saw the entire story clearly, Song Yu's face turned pale with anger. It was the child who'd thrown a stone and almost hit Xie Sui in the eye, causing him to brake abruptly and accidentally fall off the bicycle. This married woman had then fallen over on her own and claimed that Xie Sui had purposely bumped into her. What a villain.

Only, that married woman's face looked even worse than his right now.

Because the surveillance clearly showed that it was one of her son's marbles that had hit the car.

The married woman had already dropped to her knees, crying so hard that she was out of breath and pulling her child down to kneel with her. The five year old boy had been beaten until he was crying and howling.

The married woman never stopped crying, "I was wrong, Miss Cai, Miss Cai, I'll beat this disobedient child to death! I'll help you vent your anger! I was wrong! Miss Cai, I can't afford to compensate you, my entire family, from old to young, are all living together in a small house, and I can't afford it even if you kill me."

Cai Mingzhu was sneering the whole time.

The married woman finally fainted from all the crying. She thoroughly regretted it. Her intestines were all tied together in knots, but it was already too late.

When they came out of the police station.

Song Yu took Xie Sui to a small clinic to get some medicine for his wound.

"Can you still walk?"

Xie Sui had also hurt his leg when he fell off the bicycle. Song Yu frowned and looked down at his leg.

Xie Sui was carrying a plastic bag that held vegetables in one hand. His voice was muffled, tone faint, "It should be fine."

Song Yu thought for a moment and said, "I'll take you home."

Xie Sui's expression was a little stunned, and the fingers holding the handle of the bag curled up involuntarily. However, when he looked at Song Yu's serious expression, he finally nodded after a delay.

His dark, curved eyelashes covered the slightly cold light in his eyes.

It was already evening.

Stars shone down onto the street.

The shadows from the street lamps lengthened.

The July wind carried a slight dryness.

Song Yu's originally irritated heart also calmed down.

He thought briefly, then asked, "You're not working at Linshui anymore, right?"

Xie Sui gave a gentle 'en' sound of affirmation.

Song Yu breathed a sigh of relief, "Good, that place is messy and chaotic, and it's not suitable for you to go there."

Xie Sui hesitated for a moment. It seemed like he was gathering up the courage to ask the words that had hovered in his heart for a long time, "You, why are you so..." Based on his character, he was really unable to say the last three words of the sentence.