Chapter 40 - Shameful

His noisy voice brought Xie Sui’s thoughts back to the present, and he temporarily put down the matter of his illness.

He tilted his head and met Song Yu’s light brown eyes that were now flushed with anger. His eyes were clear and bright, clearly infuriated, but Xie Sui felt that they were lovely.

After getting along together in recent days, Xie Sui had gotten very good at dealing with him.

He ignored his threat and just curved his lips, asking, “What subject are you studying today?”

Song Yu: “Eh?”

A whole wave of anger was instantly swallowed back. When it came to his studies, he would be reminded of the monthly exams, and when he thought of the monthly exams, he would think of Father Song and his own study god set-up, causing him to finally settle down again.

Song Yu scratched his head, “Chinese, then. I still have Chinese homework left.”

The city library was further away than the school library, so Song Yu simply took a taxi to go back to school. It was the weekend, and many students whose homes were far away hadn’t gone back. The study rooms on the first floor of the school library were full and there was basically no place to sit. It was filled with Senior Three students.

“Let’s go to the second floor.”

Song Yu didn’t want to squeeze in with them either.

There were relatively fewer people on the second floor. He chose a corner.

Song Yu pulled out his homework. He’d just sat down when he saw that it was raining outside the window.

The misty weather made the whole school feel very quiet. Summer rain was very heavy when it swept by, and the sound of it was very loud, transmitting in from outside the glass as water drops coated the window.

Song Yu picked up his pen. He found everything interesting when he had to start studying and his tone was excited, “This is the first time I’ve seen rain in Jing City.”

Xie Sui glanced outside, then answered lightly, “Mm.”

Song Yu noticed that he wasn’t in high spirits and asked, “You don’t like rainy days?”

Xie Sui had never liked sharing his emotions with others, but when a perfunctory answer arrived at the tip of his tongue and was about to be spoken, he stopped and smiled, “Yes, I don’t like them.”

Rainy days brought back bad memories.

It seemed that he had died on a rainy day.

He didn’t want to talk much about this topic.

“Give me all the papers you did yesterday.”

“Okay.”

Seeing that he didn’t want to talk anymore, Song Yu very naturally didn’t ask him more about it.

Although he’d come to work on his Chinese homework, people always had a tendency to overestimate themselves. He thought that if he finished his homework in half an hour, he’d have nothing else to do—so he’d also brought a math exercise book with his test papers stuffed inside.

“Here you go. I’ve written a little for every question on this paper.”

His tone even held a bit of pride.

Xie Sui accepted it, then laughed quietly, “Did you write any solutions?”

Song Yu: “……”

Have you figured it out yet or not?! I’m currently your term goal! The target of your support!

Xie Sui preempted him before he could get angry, placing his pen against Song Yu’s lips, his movements graceful. “Noise isn’t allowed here.”