Chapter 34.1 - Shushan Building

Song Yu clicked it and discovered that the photos were actually from the girl's diary.

A few years ago, a righteous blogger had also sent them out on Weibo. However, some people had manipulated the situation, distorting the facts until the netizens couldn't figure out the truth. The interest level for the post never picked up and the incident was gradually forgotten.

The girl's tone was very relaxed at the start of the diary entries. She complained about her new school and new class, but her handwriting was beautiful, and the diary was filled with a bit of the childish whining of a fifteen, sixteen year old girl.

––Ahhhh, on the first day of school, I was punished for being late because of a traffic jam and had to stand at the door. How shameful [covering face][covering face]. We have a very good looking English teacher as our class teacher, so I hope I can fix their impression of me in the future.

––My deskmate is a boy... the way he looked at me made me feel very uncomfortable, it's strange.

But it wasn't long before the diary style began to grow depressing.

Her deskmate always made moves on her in class, the type that could be considered a kind of sexual harassment. The people at the desks in front of and behind her seemed to be unafraid of matters spreading out and recorded the scene during class, posting it up on the internet. The video was named, 'see how flirty our new transfer student is'.

Words such as 'I felt gross all day', 'I really want to throw up', 'what should I do' started to appear frequently in the diary.

Incoherent insinuations. Her family background wasn't very good. Her father had been hospitalized, and she didn't dare to bring these things up and trouble her parents. She brought up wanting to switch desks, but her class teacher was Ou Yilian, who refused her directly, "Isn't it the same sitting anywhere? If your EQ was a little higher, there wouldn't be anyone you couldn't get along with."

Silent acquiescence and public opinion combined together to make her very uncommunicative in the classroom. She suppressed it until girls from a higher grade blocked her in the toilet, insulting and abusing her. She couldn't bear it anymore and went to tell her class teacher. Ou Yilian, who'd been disturbed by this matter twice, grew annoyed. Her reply was, "If you don't love yourself and act cheap, who else will respect you?" "That person in the video is you, right? It takes two hands to clap; if you didn't allow it, how would he act so unbridled?"

These words were like a basin of cold water that chilled her entire body and she went back to her spot to cry. A kind girl from the same class couldn't watch any further and went with her to talk to the headmaster about what had happened. After the headmaster went to speak with Ou Yilian, Ou Yilian went up in front of the whole class the next day and replayed the video of her being sexually harassed by her deskmate that was circulating on the internet. After playing it over and over, she criticized insincerely, "Some jokes between deskmates shouldn't be played. For example, jokes like this."

It was like a public sentencing.

The contents of the diary became very messy after that. It seemed that she felt too sad to continue writing.

Her family finally discovered that her state didn't seem right, but that boy's background was very deep, and it wasn't an ordinary family that could be provoked. Her mother cried for several days and couldn't sleep well, but their only choice was to go through the transfer process. Later on, when the incident spread out over the internet, the boy's family paid money to suppress the news over and over, finding people to confuse black and white so that it wouldn't stir up waves of controversy.