Chapter 75 - Like Grass Before Spring

A/N: SURPRISE!! SURPRISE!! 😆

—————

Song Yu remained worried about Xie Sui’s state and was absent-minded when he went back for dinner that evening.

He would pick up a bite of green vegetables, place it in his mouth, and chew each bite for a long time. He didn’t eat more than a few mouthfuls of rice, either.

Grandma Meng shook her head and sighed, but didn’t comment on it to him.

Song Yu hurried upstairs after eating a perfunctory meal and taking a bath, going back to his room. The first thing he did was send Xie Sui a message.

He snapped out a whole pile of words.

[ Song Yu: Are you okay? ]

[ Song Yu: The more I think about your state today, the more I think that it wasn’t quite right. Did you get bewitched or something?! ]

[ Song Yu: Will you be able to sleep tonight? ]

[ Song Yu: Should I do a great mercy incantation for you?! Or, I can give you a call and read you a piece about socialist core values, hey ]

His worry was practically written there on the screen.

This was nothing like the straight man’s concern that was expressed by a ‘.’ back then.

Sure enough, treatment was different when it was one’s deskmate.

When Xie Sui received the message—

He was in the midst of checking his mail. Everything was about Song Yu. At first, he’d purposely spent a lot of time getting documents in order to investigate Song Yu, but now it seemed that it wasn’t necessary.

His hooded gaze fell on the cell phone screen and he typed out a short reply.

[ Xie Sui: I’m fine ]

Song Yu was unconvinced. He’d been so scared in the haunted house that it was like he’d lost his soul. It would be strange if he was fine now.

He continued to express his concern.

[ Song Yu: Don’t be shy, who are we to each other? I won’t tell anyone else about your fear of ghosts ]

Xie Sui smiled slightly.

Then, he called Song Yu directly.

Song Yu’s cell phone suddenly started vibrating, frightening him so much that he sat up straight in bed. After being stunned for a moment, He poked the connect button after being stunned for a moment.

Xie Sui’s voice travelled through the cell phone, cool with a touch of magnetism, “Song Yu.”

Song Yu’s heart inexplicably skipped a beat.

When he recalled his original purpose, he immediately sat back up straight again and answered, “Yeah, hey, how are you?”

Xie Sui laughed lightly, a sound that could cause people’s hearts to stir. He asked, “Are you so worried about me?”

Song Yu: “Yeah, you were so off at the time. I think you’ll have nightmares tonight.”

Xie Sui leaned back in his chair. His other hand moved the mouse, stopping at a photo. It was a photo of Song Yu as a child; even though he was giving the camera a ferocious look, he was still indescribably cute.

His dark eyes filled with laughter.

“Now that you mention it, I’m afraid I won’t be able to sleep tonight.”