Chapter 36.1 - A Slap In The Face

Xie Sui stuck close to his ear when he spoke. His tone was slightly nasal, his breath a little hot.

It made Song Yu’s skin feel inexplicably sensitive there. He leaned aside uneasily, but his eyes were still locked anxiously on Xie Sui’s face. He asked in a low voice, “If it really hurts, you can lean on me and I’ll help take you there.”

Xie Sui gazed at his face. His throat felt a little hot and he laughed quietly before saying hoarsely, “Okay.”

He was so easy to deceive. Where had he gotten the bravery to dare come to his side?

The clinic was quite empty on Friday night.

Xie Sui wasn’t actually hurt at all.

The doctor looked him over for a long time and could only find a small bruise on his arm. He muttered to himself as he applied medicine, “How did you bump your arm? It had better not be because you were fighting. At your age, why aren’t you learning to be good, but learning all the bad things instead.”

Song Yu sat to the side, looking left and right, taking the initiative to propose, “Doctor, do you want to look him over again? I feel that there must be more than this small injury.” Xie Sui was someone who could suppress things so well. He’d been in so much pain that he’d been leaning against him; how could the injury be so basic.

The doctor rolled his eyes and ignored him.

Xie Sui held back his smile and spoke to Song Yu, “Do you need me to take you home later?”

Song Yu was stunned, take him home? In fact, there was no need. Someone would come over to pick him up as soon as he made a call, and he’d promised the system that he wouldn’t reveal his own identity––though, that useless system had gone off and disappeared for a few months, and he didn’t know what kind of information it would bring back when it returned.

Speaking of which, it seemed that Xie Sui had never asked him about his family background.

He didn’t want to say it, so he never asked. It was really very considerate.

Song Yu: “No need. How about I take you home, since you’re injured.”

While the doctor was applying medicine, Song Yu had sat down in a chair and sent a message to his grandmother, saying that he had something he had to do at school and might return home a little late.

Grandma Meng was very worried and directly called him.

Song Yu then had to take out his cell phone and go outside to talk with her in a low voice.

The elderly woman’s murmuring complaints could be heard on the other side of the phone, “How can there be something to delay you over there? Your cousin and uncle and aunt are all here tonight. It’s rare for everyone to get together, and grandma wanted everyone to have dinner together as a family.”

Song Yu felt a little guilty, “Sorry, grandma.”

Grandma Meng cared deeply for him and couldn’t bear to blame him. She just said, “It’s alright. When Yuyu’s affairs are finished over there, I’ll call someone to go pick you up.”

Song Yu glanced at the time, “Half an hour. I might not be at school when the time comes. I’ll send you the address.”

Grandma Meng was satisfied and smiled, “Alright, alright.”

Song Yu closed the call interface and saw the messages Ma Xiaoding had sent him.

[ Sadako Won’t Forget Those Who Dug The Well: Brother Yu, I’ve been taken away by my father and I might not survive tonight [cry][cry][wave hand] ]