Chapter 54 - Equal Social Rank

Saturday evening, 8PM.

Song Yu opened the door.

He’d changed into an elegant white suit paired with a blue tie. The suit fit his body well and slimmed his figure, making his entire person appear tall and noble. His features were exquisite and handsome, and when his face was expressionless, it held a kind of arrogance and coldness that could only be seen on those who’d lived luxuriously from childhood.

He sat in the co-pilot seat.

Song Yu frowned and asked, “When did Qin Mo come to Jing City? What’s he doing in Jing City?”

Meng Guang wasn’t very clear about this either. “He came a few days ago. Actually, I’m quite curious about it too. Why didn’t this big young master who was living well in A City remain there? What’s he coming here for? Do you two know each other? If you do, then you can ask him about it.”

Song Yu: “Forget it. Getting to know him is annoying.”

Meng Guang laughed out loud, “Yet you insist that there’s nothing between you. Your tone’s clearly bitter and hostile. In fact, if you don’t want to go, we can just head back. I’ll take you to a good place instead.”

Song Yu had been tricked by him last time. He looked at him with suspicion, then shook his head, “Compared with listening to you singing, I’d rather be annoyed by him instead.”

Meng Guang: “……”

The car drove towards Fuguang Hotel.

The garden at the entrance to the hotel was elegant and fresh, and the water flowing from the fountain sparkled with the lights from the street lamps.

Meng Guang led him inside after stopping the car. There were reception staff standing at the gold-and-silver entrance.

They accepted their invitations and led them to the lounge on the second floor.

“Speaking of which, this is the first time you’ve appeared in the public eye since coming to Jing City.”

After mentioning this, Meng Guang grew curious, “Actually, I can’t figure it out. You transferred schools and came to Jing City as soon as you left the hospital. What for?”

What for?

It was for Xie Sui.

However, this answer certainly couldn’t be spoken out loud.

Song Yu: “Switching environments to study at ease.”

Meng Guang: “???”

Meng Guang: “How fierce, cousin.”

This welcome banquet for Qin Mo was hosted by the Wang Family. Although the Wang Family and the Meng Family had some disagreements between them due to Wang Ci, they were both powerful families in Jing City. A superficial level of respect had to be maintained, so they’d still sent over an invitation letter.

Since the main character of this banquet hadn’t arrived, it hadn’t yet begun. Even so, many people in the hall had started to exchange conventional greetings.

Those who’d come to participate all wanted to establish some sort of relationship with Qin Mo. If they had children who were of a similar age to Qin Mo, then they would bring them along; their intentions weren’t openly declared, but they were tacitly understood.

“Sit here for now. I’m going to go meet with a few people.”

“Okay.”

The lounge consisted of a few connected rooms that shared an open balcony.