Chapter 63.1 - Study Hard

Xie Sui's eyebrows went up. He stared at him and asked, "What happened between you and Qin Mo?"

Song Yu breathed a sigh of relief in his heart and shook his head, "Nothing." He and Qin Mo were like enemies who hated each other on sight. They'd directly gone up against each other the first time they had met and felt disgusted seeing one another. What else could happen? If anything was to happen, it would be bloody.

It was for the best if Bai Xuexin hadn't spoken about Qin Mo.

Song Yu muttered and came up with a sentence, "I hope you don't meet this person in your lifetime. It's best if you don't even hear his name."

Xie Sui's heart softened, his eyebrows showing his smile, "Mm. I won't like anyone you hate."

Song Yu's light-colored pupils lit up in an instant, but the corners of his lips stopped rising halfway as his brain thought of the inexplicable awkwardness from earlier. It was like a basin of cold water had suddenly been poured over him.

He felt that Song Wanying might've been right... He was someone who liked to make problems out of nothing, and he was impatient.

"I..." He looked up with some awkwardness and hesitation, staring at Xie Sui as he opened his mouth and then closed it again, wanting to speak but hesitating.

Xie Sui quietly watched him, then suddenly smiled, "Actually, I still haven't thought clearly about what you said the other day."

Song Yu was surprised, "Ah?"

Xie Sui: "What we talked about last time—whether or not my 'like' is real."

What we talked about last time—whether or not my 'like' is real.

Song Yu almost face-planted onto the chair of the person in front of him. His face heated up and he grew flustered, "About that, I feel that what I said should be right. That's not 'like'. It certainly isn't liking someone."

Xie Sui paid attention to every detail about him.

His shifting gaze, chaotic breathing, and how his ears grew slightly red when he was nervous.

A smile skimmed across his dark eyes and gentleness spread. Why was this child still so oblivious?

While Song Yu was spluttering and didn't know what to say—

Xie Sui focused on him and slowly said, "In fact, it doesn't matter."

Song Yu: "Huh?

Xie Sui blinked at him, then smiled slightly, "Whether or not it's 'like' isn't important. How we get along together now is already quite good, isn't it?"

Song Yu was in a daze and obligingly nodded his head.

Xie Sui's voice held a somewhat helpless smile, "So take it as though nothing happened that night. Don't be caught up over it, okay? It makes me feel bad watching you stew over it."

Song Yu: "......" Why was it that, in everyone else's eyes, he was the one stewing over it?

It was just that when he heard Xie Sui's words and looked at his eyes, which were as deep as a black pool, Song Yu immediately and unnaturally lowered his head and vaguely responded with, "Alright then." Forget it. Who cares? They'd just skim over it and move on.

It was at this time that the teacher came in and stood up on the stage. First, she touched the microphone, and the sound of her 'hello' rang out in the open auditorium, causing the chattering voices to stop instantly. The psychology teacher smiled and said, "Alright, it's 8PM. Everyone, please be quiet. Before we start today's lecture, I'll show you all a video first."