Chapter 26 - Domain Of Definition

The first class of the first semester was mathematics.

Ma Xiaoding was more excited than anyone else, beating his desk at the back of the classroom, "Brother Yu, Brother Yu! Do you want to run for math class representative in a bit? I'm going to run for Chinese class representative? How about we go together, so that arts and science can bloom together."

Song Yu was flipping through the compulsory senior high school textbooks. His eyes drooped lazily and he tsked when he heard his words, "You can bloom on your own."

Xi Bowen was scared out of his wits and tried his best to persuade him, "That's no good, Brother Ma, the Chinese class representative has to go up to recite books."

Ma Xiaoding had no self-awareness and said complacently, "Of course I know. That's exactly what I'm aiming for. I know so many poems, how could I not show them off."

Xi Bowen said weakly, "Maybe you shouldn't."

The Student Bowen, who was passionate about learning, wanted to cry. He didn't want to get a score of zero on ancient poetry in his college entrance examination.

When the ball rang, the math teacher came in with his teaching plan. He was about 50 years old, thin and balding, and wore glasses.

He held a thermos in hand, stepped up onto the platform, and slowly drank a sip of water.

"Students, I will be your math teacher this semester."

He spoke each word slowly and emphasized each one clearly, making the listeners sleepy.

Ma Xiaoding whispered a complaint from the back, "Does every math teacher in the world have a face that makes people want to fall asleep when they look at it."

Song Yu found him noisy, so he kicked out behind him, "Shut up."

Ma Xiaoding silently made a zipping action over his mouth with his hand.

The first class generally didn't cover any specific content. The math teacher slowly talked about his teaching plan and glanced at the students in Class One. "How about first choosing a class representative. Is there anyone who wants to volunteer?"

Ma Xiaoding was more excited than everyone else. He was quivering in his seat, his entire body wanting to act out as he suggested crazily, "Brother Yu, Brother Yu, Brother Yu! Brother Yu, go!" In his heart, Brother Yu was a strange person who worked on test papers during summer vacation and fought with trigonometric functions on the first day of school. How could he not have an official identity in their math class? Being the math class representative gave so much prestige.

More importantly, he wanted to run for the position of Chinese class representative! Arts and sciences blooming together sounded so damned cool!

Song Yu flipped his pen, wishing he could turn around and stab him with it.

Ma Xiaoding was too excited, to the point where his entire face was beaming with joy. His attitude was in sharp contrast to the drowsy and sleepy students.

The math teacher's gaze landed on his face and his eyes brightened, "The student in the fourth desk in the third row from the back, it looks like you're very excited. Since you're so enthusiastic about math class, how about being the math class representative."

"......"

Ma Xiaoding's cheerful smile solidified on his face.

After 'winning' the position of math class representative, Ma Xiaoding finally calmed down. After that, he remained practically paralysed for the whole class, his expression seeming to say that there was no love in his life.