Chapter 52 - Essay

The boys let themselves go more and more in the following rounds, and their crazy antics were really enough to make people raise their eyebrows in surprise.

The girls who were watching on didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. The scene was basically an assault to their eyes.

Just now, the player who’d had card number ‘3’ during Ma Xiaoding’s round finally got the trump card himself and retaliated.

Ma Xiaoding was forced to play out a scene from Romeo & Juliet with a nearby boy. They looked into each other’s eyes and confessed their love, then immediately let go of each other’s hands and turned away, pretending to retch.

People played back and forth inside the room and laughter was a constant.

Ma Xiaoding exclaimed, “Why is it that we’re all acting, but God Xie was able to act so seriously?!”

His ‘Romeo’ complained, “If you had even one tenth of Brother Yu’s good looks, I wouldn’t have had such a hard time.”

Ma Xiaoding: “What do you mean by that? Come on, let’s fight!”

Song Yu held a ‘J’ in his hand and briefly laughed when he heard their conversation. However, his eyes drifted, and it was clear that he was absent-minded.

“It’s already been 11 rounds, but the ghost card has never shown up on God Xie or Brother Yu. What kind of amazing luck is this?”

One of the boys shook his head and lamented over this as he collected the cards and shuffled.

“Wait a minute.” A girl with her hair up in a bun suddenly raised her hand. She blinked, then smiled, “I have reason to suspect that there’s a problem with the cards. Jiang Chunian, do you have any spare cards?”

It would be too simple for someone to mess around with the 13 cards that hadn’t been changed throughout the game.

Jiang Chunian replied, “I brought a whole set of poker cards, but only the cards from A to K can be changed. Those are the only two joker cards.”

The girl with a bun volunteered, “In that case, let’s stop first. I’ll go buy a new set. God Xie, I have to know which girl it is!”

There was no helping it. She was really curious about the person that their school grass was interested in.

There weren’t that many girls who were obsessed about shipping CPs.

At this age, characters like their school grass and school bully still attracted some of these girls’ admiration and brushes.

Their souls for gossip and hearts for comparison were still burning fiercely.

Who did he like? Was that girl beautiful? Was she smart? Were they worse than her in comparison?

Their hearts itched like they were being scratched.

Jiang Chunian held a cushion in her arms and couldn’t stop laughing, “Really? I’m afraid that you’ll be so depressed that you’ll smash your head against the wall once you know who it is.”

The girl with the bun snorted, but then smiled and looked at Song Yu, “There’s still Brother Yu, who thinks about someone all day and night and in his dreams. I’m really curious, who’s lucky enough to enter your dreams?”

The corners of Song Yu’s lips pulled down, “You guys are overthinking it.” It wasn’t like it was a spring dream.

Jiang Chunian: “Go quickly. If the person in his dreams and the person he likes are each other, then I’m afraid you’ll cry in my arms.”