Chapter 68 - The Last Life

Song Yu fell into confusion due to this question.

"Afraid that I'll like him?" Was this something that a normal person would ask? Shouldn't normal people be asking "Afraid that I'll be cheated by him?", or "Afraid that I'll be bullied by him?"

But Xie Sui had somehow stumbled upon what he was most worried about. He was really worthy of being the main character.

As for being jealous, don't be, okay? If Xie Sui really liked Qin Mo, then the consequences wouldn't be that he'd get jealous, but that Qin Mo would get stabbed.

Song Yu's brain slowly chugged along, his tone surprised, "This question of yours is a little interesting."

Xie Sui smiled slightly, "Really?"

Song Yu opened up his lecture mode, "What are you thinking all day long? Didn't you listen to the last psychology lecture? Come on, it's almost time for class. Let's not talk about this kind of nonsense." He deliberately avoided the topic and took out a test paper as he went down the steps.

Xie Sui kept up easily, his lips curved.

The sudden realization that struck after getting an answer to the question that had hovered in his heart for a long time was like a flower blooming in his heart, filled with a hot sweetness.

Their last lesson on Wednesday afternoon was Music class. It was rare that it wasn't taken over by other teachers, and the whole class cheered and clapped when the teacher came in. The sports event was tomorrow and everyone was impatiently looking forward to it, filling the classroom with expectation and joy. The Music teacher casually played a few songs, then let them study on their own.

The sports committee member came up to the podium with his roster and named the athletes along with the time of each event.

Song Yu was scheduled for the afternoon of the first day.

"Nervous?" Xie Sui asked suddenly.

Song Yu raised his eyebrows, "What's there to be nervous about? I'm winning honor for my class."

Xie Sui smiled, "In that case, I'll be waiting to see it."

Song Yu replied, "Wait for me at the finish line. I want to drink iced black tea."

Xie Sui's eyes curved, "Okay."

The bell rang to signal the end of class. School was over.

On the way back from the teaching building, two boys from the building over were walking in front of them and discussing the sports event.

"I'm really out of luck with that. I got the long-distance race from drawing lots—dammit, am I going up to act as the bottom of the pack for the special class?"

"It's okay. I heard that Song Yu's participating in that, too. You'll be losing face along with the school bully. It's not a loss."

"That's true. Being good at fighting doesn't necessarily mean that he's good at sports. Song Yu doesn't look like he'd be good at sports to me—hopefully the focus will all be on him when the time comes, and no one will be looking at me."

"Hahahahaha, coward."

The person they were talking about was right behind them. Song Yu rolled his eyes, tossed his mineral water bottle into the garbage can, and then turned his head to share his commentary on this group of people. His tone was flat, "At Shushan Building, they said that I didn't look like I was good at fighting; before the monthly exams, they said that I didn't look like a good student. When will they realize what their problem is and get their eyes treated? I'm really tired of slapping faces. Those who don't know better might even think that I'm looking for trouble all day long."