• 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 •

"𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘨𝘺 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘶𝘱 𝘮𝘺 𝘷𝘪𝘣𝘦"Coi Leray - Good Day

Coi Leray - Good Day

~

Huey wasn't in the mood for school.

He was still a little down from the party, him and Valerie weren't on speaking terms, and he knew he was going to have to answer some nosy ass classmates eventually. The teen was sat in the living room, eating a bowl of cereal whilst petting a relaxed Newton. He had at least a solid hour before he actually had to get up and go, so he took the time to just relax, something he missed doing amidst all the chaos lately.

Whilst relaxing, he began thinking of yesterday, and how he had promised to Tahiry he'd make a friend on his own terms. Huey grimaced, he couldn't think of anyone at Midbrook he'd want to be around for more than three minutes at most, so he couldn't even imagine trying to befriend them.

However, Tahiry was right, how could he expect to navigate a relationship when he couldn't even navigate a friendship? It was for his own good, even though he hated the idea.

Seemingly sensing his frustration, Newton nuzzled his side gently, making the teen chuckle slightly "it's aight Newton, it's all good"

Huey continued to chill on the couch, watching as it got closer and closer to the time he'd have to get up and go. The usual group decided it would be best to do things differently after the events of the party, so Caesar and Valerie would go to school together whilst Huey would meet with Tahiry and Kiren and go with them, just to give the estranged couple some time apart before they'd eventually have to face each other once more.

Soon, it was time. Huey put the bowl to the side, picking Newton up and then gently placing the puppy on the ground. He went to go quickly wash his bowl, before then grabbing everything he'd need for the day. After bidding Newton good by with some loving strokes, he walked out of the door and went to meet with the other two students.

The walk to school was quiet, with Kiren too busy focusing on his phone and Tahiry still having some left over anger from the day before, though it wasn't as tense as one may expect, just quiet.

Once they'd gotten to school, they loitered around until it was time for class. On his way to his math class, Huey was greeted by Hanan, who had a curious look on her face.

"Sup Afro Samurai?" She said, skipping beside him "so... heard some shit went down at Cedes' party"

"Yup" he simply responded, not wanting to get into it "sho' did"

Hanan hummed "well, judging by how moody ya bein' I'm guessin' you don't wanna talk about it, which is cool" she said with a stretch "how you doin' though? Is everything good?"

"No" Huey said bluntly "I wanna punch somethin', or someone, I dunno, just feel shitty"

"Well, try not to punch anybody today, even if they do start askin' too many questions" she then took a look at his biceps, before looking away "honestly, you look like your punches could do damage"