• 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐓𝐰𝐨 •

"𝘈𝘮 𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦? 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘴 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘴" - Diana Ross, I Thought it Took a Little Time

~

Huey hated feeling this way.

He had never felt like this before, even back when Jazmine was in the picture, that feeling was so minimal that it was clear his heart wasn't in it. He never believed, before he became a pubescent teenager and his hormones went all out of whack, that he was one to fall for people. Especially not as quickly as it had happened now.

Yes, this may upset you, but Huey had since accepted that he liked Dawn, even if just a little bit.

It was the one thing he didn't want happening, though he wasn't too worried. Liking her a little bit and being with her are two different things, and he still loved for and cared for Valerie, so how he felt in the deepest crevices of his heart were irrelevant.

Yuck... love trouble? Younger Huey was probably staring at his current self in disbelief at how far he had fallen. In fact, Young Huey would have made sure his nunchucks aimed straight for the back of his head if he saw the way his current self was behaving.

As he sat on the bus, ready to get off when Dawn instructed him, he wondered if he should even go. Yes, he had promised her, but it was clear that being around her may start causing issues, issues that wouldn't even be her fault to be completely honest. When he accepted he liked Dawn, he wondered about his relationship with Valerie; the smart, emotionally mature and honest thing to do was to break up with her, it would save him a lot of problems in the future and lead to less drama on both sides.

To put it simply though, he didn't want to.

He didn't want to leave Valerie because although he had found himself falling for a girl that no one in his life knew existed, hated modern social media, probably lived in a cottage and owned no electronics... he still loved her.

Huey had long since come to terms with his selfishness, he wanted to keep Valerie, but he also wanted to... keep getting to know Dawn. He felt slightly less bad when he just accepted it, almost beginning to see why other guys seemed to do things like this so casually. He thought of it was logically and as Huey-like as possible, and had come to the conclusion that Valerie would never find out about Dawn, the latter didn't have any electronics so nothing social would have him slip up, she came to the city rarely so the chances of them running into each other were rare, he was safe...

You piece of shit.

Huey frowned, oh, so first his brain wanted him to accept that he liked Dawn, but now that he had he was a piece of shit?