• 𝐎𝐟 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 •

"𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘳𝘺 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰"Melanie Martinez - Pity Party

Melanie Martinez - Pity Party

~

A few weeks had passed since that day of paintballing, and it was now not only the final few weeks before school officially closed for the summer, but it was also a day before Huey's birthday. Since him and Tahiry were only a day apart, their families decided to have a joint celebration as opposed to having two back to back arrangements, it saved time and money.

Since his birthday was the next day, it meant today was Tahiry's, and he had learned that day that apparently she was one of those girls that really liked to rub it in that it was her birthday. From the large and sparkling 'birthday girl' badge, to the big pink bow in her hair to the balloons that read 'BIG 15' that she wouldn't let go of and bags of gifts she held, she really wanted to make sure everyone knew that it was her birthday.

Huey might not have expected it, but once it was established, it simply made a lot of sense.

Not only that, but over the past few weeks Valerie had gotten rather close with him and his friends, so much so that the group would often meet with her after school and go to the library or park to hang out. They got along nicely, she was a cool chick, and she was pretty, so Huey began thinking he may like her.

That was the problem though, he thought he liked her, he wasn't sure if he actually did or his mind was simply projecting feelings onto her because she was a pretty girl he was friends with. He didn't want to lead her on, but that was very hard considering how she had been moving lately.

Yes, Huey had finally come to the conclusion that Valerie liked him. It wasn't too hard to figure out, she was oddly bashful and nervous around him, he always saw a tint of pink in her cheeks whenever she spoke to him, there were many more hints that allowed him to figure it out, she wasn't exactly good at hiding it.

However, he refused to point it out, they'd stay friends for as long as she wanted, he was okay with that.

Currently, it was lunch and he sat in the library with Hiro and Caesar, Tahiry decided to spend her lunch with Zonnique and the other cheerleaders, probably because it was her birthday. Not that Huey minded, she deserved to hang out with her other friends from time to time. The boys spent lunch sneakily eating and chatting, allowing their conversations to range more in topics since Tahiry wasn't there to keep them on their best behavior.

"So," Hiro began "I really thought me and her were it you know? So we were really about to go at it, and I was ready! Like, I for real thought I was gonna be a man and what not, and then just when I was kissing her, she let out this damn... jurassic park ass screech"

Caesar snorted "you lyin'! For real?"

"I'm being deadass bro, sounded like them lil runnin' dinosaurs shit scared me, I just went home"