• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐄𝐯𝐢𝐥 •

"𝘎𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘵𝘰𝘰"Peggy Lee - Why Don't You Do Right

Peggy Lee - Why Don't You Do Right

~

"You want me to what now?"

Jatavia cringed when she heard her daughter's volume spike as she spoke, unable to hide the shame in her face.

About twelve years ago, just one year after giving birth to her youngest son, Jatavia had met and subsequently gotten pregnant by Oskar Bennet, a wealthy businessman. She hadn't wanted to, especially considering she had just left her other two kids because of her disdain towards motherhood, but by the time she found out she was having a baby it was too late. She thought this time around things would be simpler, this child's father was incredibly rich, so surely their life was going to be a lot better than her sons.

Oh how wrong she was.

Oskar wanted absolutely no parts in this, simply because his marriage was on the rocks and he already had a lot of kids (both with his wife and other women), so he didn't want another child to have to explain or look after. For years after Marise's birth, Oskar wasn't there, and didn't contribute physically or financially to raising her, it was only after she threatened to take it to court that he began sending her money and gifts for her birthday.

Things changed however, the Bennet family was spending too much money on these kids and had began cutting down on expenses, that included what they were willing to do for Marise. Jatavia had once again threatened to take it to court, but that was when Oskar flipped it on her, he claimed that if she were to take this court his legal team would simply have to show the many examples of her neglect towards her kids, which would include the train incident with Marise and the day she left Huey and Riley in her old apartment at night, never to look back.

Unless she wanted to be locked up or Marise taken away, she had no choice but to let him back out of her life yet again.

This meant Jatavia had to work extra hard to support herself and her daughter, the problem with that though was the woman lacked qualifications, due to being a high school dropout, and didn't have the funds to go back to school. No matter what job she got, it would never make her enough money.

The current apartment she lived in was quite expensive, rent was almost 1.5k a month and she was starting to fall behind on her payments, and whilst Marise knew they weren't exactly well off, she didn't know how bad it had gotten, and she didn't know that they were soon going to be evicted by their landlord.

To put it simply, Jatavia could no longer take care of her.

However, she refused to put her daughter in the system, and had instead devised a plan. Jatavia had family that could take them in, but they didn't have room for the both of them, and since she had never met her mothers extended family before, she didn't want to send Marise to a foreign place, so she was going to stay there instead until she got back on her feet. As for where Marise was going to stay...