• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 •

"𝘞𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯"P!nk - Just Give Me a Reason

P!nk - Just Give Me a Reason

~

Today was the day both Huey and Valerie had been dreading.

After almost two weeks of avoiding each other, Tahiry had forced them to finally set a date and time for them to talk, which shouldn't have been that big of a deal, they were a couple right?

Oh but it was, the two just... didn't want to, it was going to he awkward, difficult and somewhat painful, but it had to happen. They had decided to have the talk at Huey's place, mostly because that was the day Riley was out with a friend and Carrie had a day shift, so the two had the place to themselves. Huey was seated on the couch, somewhat anxiously as he waited to hear the fated knock on the door.

His calm demeanor failed to express the way his mind was racing as he struggled to find ways he'd appease Valerie, he knew what he wanted to say, but how would he say it? He was already on incredibly thin ice, if he were to say something wrong it'd be all over, but he feared this would push him to say stupid shit out of stress and anxiety. Well, at least he had Newton to keep him calm, as the now even larger puppy continued to nuzzle him from his lap. It was crazy, at this point he was pretty much the size of an average dog, yet he wasn't even a full year old, which somewhat made Huey worry about his full size.

The puppy then perked up when he heard the doorbell ring, and zoomed to the door quicker than Huey even had the chance to. The boy took an exhale, he knew that had to be Valerie, he spent a few seconds psyching himself up, finding some humor in Newton defensively barking at the door. He then walked up to it and opened it, and just as he had expected, there stood Valerie Thompson herself.

Valerie's hair had been slicked down and tied into a low hanging ponytail, she wore a simple long sleeved pink shirt and a pair of blue jeans with a pair of white fluffy boots on her feet. To her side on a leash was Orchard who, much like Newton, had grown a considerable amount since the last time he had seen her.

Valerie gave a polite wave, "hey, sorry I'm a little late, Orchard's just being her regular ole stubborn self" she then looked down to Newton, who was barking at her in excitement, he hadn't seen Valerie in a while, which made her smile, "oh hello Newton! My goodness you've grown so much, come here yooou!" she pet him happily, "oh, you're such a good boy!"

The two were like that for a bit before Valerie stood up, with Huey opening the door for her to walk in, as she did, Orchard glanced over at Newton, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel often yipping in his direction. Their owners had never actually introduced them, which worried Huey, considering Newton was so much larger than Orchard, them playing could lead to some issues if the Doberman wasn't careful.

Valerie soon removed Orchard's leash, and was going to let her off to go play with the other dog when Huey knelt down to face Newton, "now listen here man, be careful with her aight? Don't be too rough, you a big dog, she a small dog, okay?" although Newton probably didn't understand him fully, Huey took the bark he let off after as a form of agreement.