• 𝐀 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐬 •

"Eventually the good girls make bad decisions"Muni Long - Time Machine

Muni Long - Time Machine

~

Jazmine always woke up with tears in her eyes.

It was strange, she didn't feel sad anymore, far from it actually, and yet she always felt the urge to cry. It was a painful feeling, a tight squeezing in the chest that only left a burning ache once the tears began falling. It left a rawness in her eyes that could only be compared to that of an untreated, open wound. Her eyelids always felt heavy, no matter how much she slept, it was a constant exhaustion that couldn't be fixed by a good night's sleep. 

Sometimes she wondered if she was cursed. Had she done something in her past life that had lead her to be treated this way by the universe? Was she some sort of cruel villainess whom was facing rightful retribution by the hands of karma? Perhaps she had been a historical evil in a previous life — Bloody Mary, Vlad the Impaler, Jack the Ripper — and now that she had taken a new mortal form, her long forgotten sins were catching up to her. Or, perhaps she hadn't been the sweet girl she had thought growing up, she may have unknowingly been a bully, and was now paying the price.

Or, more likely, this was just a consequence of her bad decisions.

She didn't like thinking of them as bad decisions, because that meant admitting that to a certain degree, Huey had been right. It meant admitting that the boy she had tried so hard to forget about, the boy she hadn't seen since she was fifteen, had predicted the outcome of her story so perfectly that he may as well have been the one writing it. It meant admitting that she was naïve, foolish, bratty, and easy to manipulate. It meant admitting that Jazmine Dubois was not perfect, and she would rather die than admit that.

As she sat up on her stiff mattress, she stretched and arm back to scratch her back. A strained groan escaped her, only to be followed by a yawn. She then placed her head in between her hands, wiping away the excess tears that lay dormant on her crooked eyelashes, before then sliding off of the squeaky bed. As per usual, Xavier had left her alone in the apartment, with only her own thoughts and the sound of the wind hitting the windows to keep her company. She stretched again when she was fully stood up, arching her entire back until she heard a little crack, then loosening her body and standing still for a few seconds.

Once the satisfaction of cracking a cramp had passed, Jazmine made her way to the bathroom to brush her teeth. Passing a mirror, she took note of her appearance. She still had smudged, dark makeup on from last night, and her top lip was bruised, though she couldn't remember why. One of her false lashes was gone, revealing a singular, almond shaped green eye whilst the other was still hooded by its lash. Her hair, which she had since dyed a vibrant green,  was still as dry and tangled as usual, straight as bone and messy all over the place. All she had on was a black tube top and microskirt, whatever shoes she had worn were completely gone, and her jewellery was gone. She admired her tattoos, which now covered her arms, both sides of her waist and her thighs. She had considered getting some on her face, but she hadn't a clue of what.