○ 𝐀𝐑𝐂 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 ○

"So Granddad, we're starting school tomorrow"

Huey stood alone, looking down on the grave below him. Riley and Carrie had already paid their respects, and decided to leave Huey to do so himself as they waited in the care. Huey sighed, tomorrow was going to be his first day as a senior in high school, and his eighteenth birthday was coming up soon. As he looked down, reading the words 'Robert Freeman' over and over again in his mind, he found himself becoming a lot more tense than he had ever been when visiting the deceased man.

"You think it's gon' go well? I'm aiming for a college scholarship, so I'mma try and do well" he then snickered "we didn't really have that many heart to hearts when you were alive, but that don't mean I don't take your view seriously, you'd have whooped my ass if I failed"

The teen then stuffed his hands in his pockets, for whatever reason, deep down inside he felt he was doing something that Robert wouldn't have agreed on, that he would have possibly scolded him on. When he was younger, and it was just him, Riley and Robert, he never understood the old man. However, that didn't mean he loved him any less; the day he died was so... Huey couldn't begin to describe how he felt. He suddenly felt life hit him, things were changing, the people around him were changing, and now his own grandfather was gone, and he'd never see him again.

"I'm gon' get that scholarship granddad" he said with a swift confidence, "I'm gonna succeed and... maybe then I'll prove to you that I did wanna make you proud"

Not wanting to leave his other family waiting, Huey dropped the small bundle of flowers he had brought with him, whispered a gentle "I'll miss you", and went back to the car, reunited with his aunt and brother.

ARC THREE: Karma and Consequences - BEGIN