• 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 •

"𝘔𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘶𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘦, 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺"Summer Walker - White Tee

Summer Walker - White Tee

~

Riley had a lot on his mind.

Quincy had finally been located to his neighborhood and moved to his school, so by Khalil's instruction it was his job to show him around, he also had to keep an eye out for Commando because he could truly never be sure if they were on his tail or not, and Fatima's birthday was in a week and a half and he still didn't have a gift for her.

Needless to say, he was under quite a bit of pressure.

Currently, Riley was in gym, Quincy was in the same class but the other boy was getting to know other students and making friends, and Riley decided he didn't want to intrude on that, so therefore decided he would instead spend the class looking on the phone. In regards to Fatima's birthday, Riley wanted to get her something that meant something.

He hadn't been stupid with Khalil's money, and had been saving up and managing it well, but he knew that the gift simply being expensive wasn't enough, he wanted something she would value, something that, no matter what happened between then, she could at least look to knowing that it was Riley that gifted it to her.

It had to be special.

As he mindlessly scrolled through catalogues of things he knew he wasn't going to get her, he thought about the things Fatima liked. He knew she was an avid bird fan, especially cockatoos, and even considered getting her one but soon realized that her family probably weren't going to be too happy with a loud ass bird in their house. He then smiled when he thought of something else, though she only ever showed him (and sometimes Emily, but mostly him), Fatima liked to sing. For whatever reason, she was too shy to show it off, which confused Riley to no end since she was so good at it, but he was happy knowing he was a part of the few people who could actually hear her voice.

He then leaned back, Fatima liked video games just as he did, she liked art (though more so admiring it than doing it herself), she was a fashion girl at heart, though Riley didn't see a point in getting her clothes she was eventually going to grow out of. The boy groaned, why was this so difficult? He couldn't just get her whatever, but he also didn't know what to get her anyway.

It was in that moment, when Quincy finally came back to meet the boy that was seated, "yo, 'sup Reezy, you good?"

Riley looked up, before humming, "wassup Q.C, I'm just... urgh" he then leaned forward with a huff, "I'm trynna figure out what to get my girl for her birthday"

"Which one was she again, Deja?"

"Nah, Fatima bro"

"Ooooh" Quincy said in realization, "why you stressin' anyway? If she yo girl she gon' accept anythin' from you regardless"