• 𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐃𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫 •

"If I look into the future, do I really see this boy that I think I've fallen for?"Jorja Smith – Teenage Fantasy

Jorja Smith – Teenage Fantasy

~

Dawn didn't do good in public.

She simply wasn't used to it, to her, being in public was like going to a foreign country, completely unaware of their cultural norms or languages. She didn't get modern lingo, she didn't get their fashion or slang, all she knew was her home life and what her grandparents taught her. The few times she found herself in the hustle and bustle of the city, it brought her sincere anxiety, the uncomfortable sort that scatches at the back of your neck and makes you feel uncomfortable.

It made her appreciate Huey even more. He was always so level-headed, always made the right decisions and never let emotions get the better of him. If he was ever nervous, you wouldn't be able to tell because he was just so pokerfaced. In a way, Dawn wanted to be more like him, so she hoped being in a relationship would rub off on her.

As she walked through the crowded city to try and get home, she giddily skipped as she thought of him, she had a boyfriend! Though her and Huey had been together for quite some time now, it was still something that made her fall into a fit of happy giggles thinking about it. She had a lover, the Romeo to her Juliet, the Mr. Darcy to her Elizabeth Bennet, the Prince Charming to her fair maiden. It was like a real life novel – sure, Huey wasn't the most romantic and adoring lover out there, but she still felt it, and it was real.

She often felt she was taking it too far, perhaps imagining what it would be like to marry your teenage sweetheart was a little much, but Dawn simply didn't care! This was the first time she had felt actual longing, care, dare-she-say love, and by God she was going to relish in it and fantasize until her little heart could no longer.

Dawn was so distracted by her own pining that she didn't seem to notice the teen girl that came slamming into her by mistake. Dawn was able to stay on her feet, but the girl ended up tumbling pretty badly. Suddenly overcoke with guilt, she knelt down and attempted to hoist get her back up, "I'm terribly sorry!" Dawn yelped, "I was so engrossed in my own thoughts I hadn't a clue what was going on around me! I should have watched where I was going, forgive me!"

"It's cool, it's cool," the girl chuckled, clearly not as upset as Dawn expected, "we all trip, it's nothing to cry over,"

Dawn's soft hazel eyes were soon greeted by bright green ones, and as anyone would, she immediately blurted, "I love your eye, they're so pretty! Also, thank you for forgiving me!" She then finished with a sudden bow.

Clearly caught off-guard by her off-kilter behavior, the girl nervousely chuckle, "ah, thanks! I, uh, like your eyes too..." she then tilted her head, curly brown locs bouncing off of her shoulders, "I don't think I've seen ya around, this part of the city's pretty small, so I'm sure I'd at least recognize ya."