• 𝐍𝐨𝐭-𝐒𝐨 𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 •

"𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘸𝘪𝘵' 𝘢 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘢!"Coi Leray – Add It

Coi Leray – Add It

~

"Strawberry"

Tahiry's eyes were locked onto her phone, but found herself interested when her friend spoke. She looked up to see Valerie, who had arrived a few minutes earlier, pacing around.

"Huh?"

"Strawberry," Valerie repeated, "he smelt like strawberries"

"Who did?"

"Huey," Valerie continued to pace around the room, "he doesn't use strawberry scented products, and it didn't even smell like real strawberry, it was a real chemical scent"

Tahiry shrugged, "I mean, he does tutor, maybe he got it from there?"

"He says he tutors a middle school boy and apparently nobody else was home that day"

"Okay, do you think he's cheating?"

Valerie was sure to shake her head, "no–"

Tahiry snorted, "then why do you care?"

Her friend slumped into her bed, sighing deeply "because I think he's keeping stuff from me – lately he's been real quiet and to himself, and when I ask him about his tutoring he gets really defensive – I just wanna know if he's okay"

Tahiry sat up straight, Huey being secretive again? She thought him and Valerie had gotten over the whole 'keeping secrets and being confused' part of dating, "I'm sure it's nothing, knowing him he's just overly engrossed in his tutoring, I doubt it's anything you need to worry about"

Tahiry's words did little to comfort her, but she nodded anyway. Perhaps she was right, for all she knew he was just getting really into his tutoring and she was worrying over nothing.

Still, she'd prefer he say something to her.

In fact, that was what their relationship had devolved to lately, a whole lot of Huey being secretive and distant, it worried Valerie. She always wanted to help him, and had always sworn she'd be on his side, but how could she do that if he wasn't even talking to her much nowadays? Sometimes, it didn't even feel like they were dating, something was clearly wrong, something was clearly bothering Huey and she didn't like the fact that he wasn't telling her.

She knew it wasn't just her, Raheem and Olivia had been struggling to get through to him too, it seemed Huey had become distant from most people in his life, not just Valerie.