~Chapter 1~

~Part I~

(The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe)

~Chapter 1~

I smiled as I lowered my lips to the stream. It was ice cold but refreshing. After years of having to boil ice over the fire to even be able to drink, the stream near my house was finally starting to melt.

"Vy! Come on. Dad will be back soon."

I glanced up and Luc smiled at me. He had the bundle of firewood strapped to his back as he trudged through the snow back towards our cabin. He had his long bow in his left hand and his quiver of arrows at his side.

I filled the two large canteens I had with me and rushed to my feet to follow after my older brother.

He pulled his grey cloak over his mop of dark hair to shield himself from the wind. I copied him, brushing my stray burgundy locks out of my eyes. We trekked the half mile back to our small cabin just outside the western wood, a few miles from the mountains.

We ran the last few feet and Luc pushed me inside, closing the door quickly but gently behind him.

Placing his bow and quiver on the table he knelt by the fire to feed it.

"Did you notice?" I asked as I looked out the window.

"Notice what?" Luc asked. I could tell he didn't care about what I was going to say.

"It's getting warmer." I smiled taking my cloak off and hanging it up.

"That's because I'm feeding the fire. That's what happens when the fire gets bigger."

"I mean outside... Do you think... He's back?"

Luc's head shot up and he stood. He quickly walked over to me and grabbed my arm, pressing one of his cold hands over my mouth.

"The queen will have you turned to stone if she hears you talking like that... You know better."

I looked into my older brother's green eyes. He was serious... But that seriousness quickly left his face and his features softened. He moved his hand and let out a deep sigh.

"Please... Don't talk like that... We can't loose you too." He said as he returned to the fire.

"You secretly hope it too." I mumbled.

Luc let out another deep sigh. I knew he heard me but he didn't want to acknowledge me.

I walked over to the fire and looked at the small painting laid within frame made out of sticks. The painting of our mother. Theabryn. Her hair was long blonde and curly... Luc and I obviously looked more like our father.

Luc looked more like dad than I did. Dark brown almost black hair, tall, handsome. My hair was more redish-brown almost Burgundy. But both of us, had mom's green eyes.

"You used to believe her stories too..." I said, resting an elbow on his head.

"They're just stories..." He mumbled poking the fire.

I knew deep down he also believed the real rulers of Narnia would return... Mom used to tell us tales about how the true kings and queens of Narnia would come and save us from the Witch's enslavement.

"Winter will be spring again." I smiled.

"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight. At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more. When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death. And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again. When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone,Sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done." Luc recited the prophesy mom always told us.