~Chapter 23~

"How are we going to tell them?" I asked as Cair Paravel came into view.

"I think we'll just get it out of the way at dinner."

"Just getting it out of the way?" I questioned.

"Well, how would you like to go about it?" Peter asked.

"I guess you're right." I sighed, not able to think of anything.

"Hey, they love you almost as much as I do. They will accept you into the family with open arms... If that's what you're worried about."

"That... That's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about them asking about my ankle..." I said looking down.

"Oh." Peter mumbled.

"Hey." I turned Seanie towards his horse and reached for his hand. He looked down and played with his ring, which I had to put on my pointer finger cause it kept sliding off my ring finger.

"Is that my father?" I finally asked looking up at the castle where the dark-haired figure was walking outside.

"I believe it is." Peter smiled. I gave Seanie a kick with my good foot and started going faster.

We came to a stop near the stable and I kicked my leg over Seanie, gaining my balance.

Peter helped steady me as my father ran to meet us.

"You're two days late. I was getting worried." He said as he hugged me. He backed up and looked at me. That's when he noticed my ankle.

"What happened to you young lady?" He asked glancing at Peter.

I decided not to keep it from him and told him everything as we walked inside. But I left out the part where Peter proposed.

"I'll skip over the you should have listened to me. But I'm glad you're okay."

"Peter!" I heard Susan yell as she and Lucy ran down the hall wrapping him in a hug.

"We were worried sick." Lucy said, burying her head in Peter's stomach.

"We're fine." Peter smiled.

"They're preparing dinner... Go freshen up and meet us in the dining room." Susan said. "I'll tell Edmund you've returned."

She turned on her heel, her long black hair swishing behind her as she did, and walked off.

"Lu, do you mind going with her? I have to talk to Sir Covan about a few things." Peter asked.

Lucy shrugged as she followed after her sister.

"Can I see you in my study?" Peter asked, putting an arm around my father's shoulders as the two started walking off, leaving me to my own devices.

I started limping to my room to change before dinner. I was almost to my room but to do that I had to go up the stairs. I took a deep breath about to start the climb before I heard,

"Vy what happened to your foot?" I turned and smiled as Edmund walked over.

"Help me up these stairs and I'll tell you."

Ed shrugged and put my arm around his shoulders as we started up. "So I'll keep it short. we got captured by bandits on the way to Calormen, and almost drowned in a well... and as I was climbing out of said well, I twisted my ankle." I said.

"That's horrible. I'm kinda mad I didn't come with you so I could have protected you."

"It wouldn't have done much... They had crossbows... Honestly I'm glad you stayed, because then you wouldn't have been in danger."