~Chapter 10~

I rushed through the halls of the castle, Cair Paravel, which was decorated with garlands of flowers.

I slid slightly across the floor as I came to the wooden door.

I knocked on it quickly and the voice came from behind saying, "Come in."

I pushed the door open and smiled.

"I fixed it." I smiled as I held up the golden cloak.

Peter turned form where he was looking out the window and smiled. "Have I told you you're amazing?"

"It's been implied." I said as I walked over, and draped the cloak over his shoulders, clasping it with the lion crest, under his neck. He had managed to rip a sizeable hole in the lining of the cloak. But I was able to fix it, making it it nearly invisible.

"You know I told myself I wouldn't cry today..." I mumbled. 

"Why?"

"Because... We're finally free." I smiled resting my hands on his shoulders.

He didn't say anything he just nodded.

"Now... They're waiting for you." I smiled as I brushed his shoulders one more time.

He smiled as he took my hand in his. He looked like he wanted to say something but he didn't as he put my arm through his and we started walking through the castle.

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving him to find a spot to watch the coronation.

Centaurs, in full armor, giant broad swords out, lined the aisle leading up to the four thrones.

"Where were you?" My father asked. He was wearing his new armor and red knight cloak that had a golden lion sewn onto the shoulder.

"Around..." I said simply.

The four Pevensies with Aslan walked up the aisle, through the, at attention centaurs. They pause looking at the four thrones. Then they walked up the four steps and stood in front of their appropriate thrones. Then Aslan started speaking.

"To the glistening Eastern Sea, I give you Queen Lucy the Valiant." Mr. Tumnus approached the thrones in a nice green scarf with the Beavers who were carrying the crowns. Mr. Tumnus took the first silver crown, which looked to be made of flowers and leaves, and placed it on Lucy's head.

"To the great Western Wood, King Edmund the Just." Aslan continued.

Mr. Tumnus took the other silver crown and placed it on Edmund's head.

"To the radiant Southern Sun, Queen Susan, the Gentle." Mr. Tumnus then picked up the first golden crown, which was, like Lucy's looked to be made out of flowers. He then placed it on Susan's long black hair.

"And to the clear Northern Sky, I give you King Peter, the Magnificent." Aslan finished as Mr. Tumnus placed the last golden crown on Peter's golden hair.

The four backed up and sat in their thrones and Aslan turned to face them.

"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen. May your wisdom grace us until the stars rain down from the heavens."

Then everyone started cheering, "Long live King Peter! Long live King Edmund! Long live Queen Susan! Long live Queen Lucy!" There was applause and cheering. Especially form the fox and lion I was standing next to. 

Then the centaurs extended their swords, creating an arch and the four walked back through them.

I excused myself, ditching the crowd of people making their way to the banquet hall. I saw him talking to a satyr and he caught my eye. He excused himself and quickly walked over, wrapping me in a hug and spinning me around.

"Careful, that crown might fly off your head." I smiled.

"How does it look?" He asked, lifting his chin.

"If your head gets any bigger it won't fit."

Peter smiled as he looked down at his feet.

"Would you like to accompany me to the banquet?" He asked holding his hand out.

I looked at him then at his hand a moment before taking it. We started walking towards the banquet hall where everyone was being merry.

"So... King Peter... Any plans now that you've been crowned?" I asked.

"My first decree... Is... That I would like you, Vyla to be my personal adviser."

I stopped mid step as his sentence registered. Peter turned to look at me.

"You're joking, right?" I chuckled.

Peter shook his head. "Your father is now a knight. It would be unwise of me to have his daughter unprotected when he's away... This way, you'll be able to live in the castle... And I'll be able to see you as often as I'd like." He smiled.

"You, you don't want me though."

"Why not? You were the one who helped me prepare for battle... You helped me get in the right mind set to face the army and to tell them the news about Aslan. And I don't think I could have done it without you... Plus you're an amazing fighter and have so much knowledge. I've been in Narnia for all of a week and a half... You lived here your whole life."

"well if it means I get to see your radiating face every day..." I smiled as I took his hand. "I'll do it."

He returned the smile as he took my other hand, and swung me onto the dance floor.

"Welcome to Cair Paravel, Lady Vyla." He whispered as we danced.