~Chapter 16~

Peter rubbed his eyes as he felt the warmth of the sun coming through his window.

He opened his eyes and looked at the ceiling.

"Your Highness, your siblings are requesting your presence at breakfast."

Peter, narrowing his eyebrows sat up.

"Where's Vy?" He asked the faun.

"No one's seen her all morning your highness..." Peter stood and followed the faun out.

He walked into the dining room where his siblings were sitting for breakfast.

"Good morning." Peter mumbled, taking a muffin from the basket on the table.

"Where's Vy?" Lucy asked.

"How should I know?" He asked.

Edmund and Susan exchanged a glance. 

"Because she always wakes us up..." Edmund finally said.

"We kinda thought you two were up late in the garden again..." Susan said. Peter rolled his eyes.

"Nothing happened that night. We just lost track of time talking." He mumbled as he walked out.

He walked back into his room and sat on his bed. That was when he saw the note. With his name written in nice calligraphy. Vyla's calligraphy. There was a reason she offered to draft all the Pevensie's letters and important documents.

He picked it up and started reading.

"Peter... My King,

Do not ask where I've gone... I've gone to make things right... My mistake... My carelessness...I will return... And if I return too late... I'm not going to give up my position as your advisor... But know that I would rather love you from afar that than leave you just like that. Please don't ask anyone where I've gone... I don't want you to worry. But I promise I will return soon.

~Love, Vyla"

Peter crumpled the paper and walked out of the room. He walked down the hall to one of the guest rooms and knocked on the door, anxiously.

A few moments later the door opened and Peter came face to face with Oramythh.

"Do you know where Vyla went?" He asked.

She swallowed and tried to close the door in his face, but he stopped it with his foot.

He let himself in as Oramythh sat on her bed.

"Where is she."

"She told me not to tell..." She whispered.

"Why?"

"She didn't want you following her."

"Where is she?"

Oramythh shook her head. "I know you love her... And she's doing this not just for me... But... For you too. Actually, I think she's doing this even more for you."

"Why would she be doing that?" He asked.

"Boys are so naive sometimes..." Oramythh placed a hand on his face. "Because... She loves you."

"No, she doesn't." Peter said looking down.

"Peter... The girl is never two feet from you."

"She's my advisor..."

"You woke up this morning and I guarantee, the first thing you asked was where she was... If you didn't love her... I don't think you would have even noticed..."

"She's my friend." Peter mumbled. "We fought together. She was one of the reasons I was able to fight."

"She's the person you should be marrying... Not me..."

"That's ridiculous."

"Peter, you know it's not. She's going all the way to the Lone Islands to help fix this. If she doesn't succeed my father might have her killed."

"She's going to the lone islands?" He asked. Oramythh didn't respond as he stood. Before he could leave, Oramythh grabbed his arm.

"You can't go after her... Aleurian is with her... He knows that place like the back of his hand. People know him... They'll be in and out and back before you know it."

"You... You don't understand..."

"That you love her?"

Peter exhaled deeply.

"Peter...If you leave my father is bound to have questions... Then he'll have them both imprisoned and killed. I know Aleurian... He'll bring her back safely..."

"You love him, don't you?"

"I do. And I'm not afraid to admit that..."

Peter hesitated, "I guess you're right... If I go after her I put her at risk in an unknown territory... And I can't afford that to happen." He stood and headed for the door. But stopped and looked back at Oramythh.

"She'll find a way to get us out of this... I know she will... She's very good at that." Peter chuckled.