~Chapter 29~

(The Dark Age of Narnia)

(Narnian Year 1998)

"Mother wake up." I opened my eyes and saw Robin leaning over the side of my bed.

"What is it?" I demanded.

"There's been word of an attack." He said as I sat up. He placed my boots in front of me. I quickly put them on as he handed me my sword and dagger.

"In all the years, I've been alive I never thought my son would be the one warning me about a raid." I mumbled.

"We have to go mother." He said looking out the balcony. "They're too close... You have to go down to the cellar and stay there till I send for you." He said helping me up and placing a bag in my hands.

I shook my head.

"You're coming too." I said.

"No... These are my people."

"These are our people... And you're the king... You can't die." I said.

"The best knight I know trained me since I could walk..." He smiled placing a hand on my father's sword.

I placed a hand on Robin's face and got a good look at him.

"Don't do anything stupid okay?" I said.

"Of course not." He smiled. I pulled him into a hug before he ran off.

I made my way down to the cellar. The treasure room we called it. I put the torch on the wall and locked the door behind me as I looked at the four statues standing around the small room.

Lucy. Edmund. Susan. And Peter.

Under each of the statutes was a chest. In which contained the presents that were given to them all those years ago.

I didn't know how long had passed... Robin had given me just enough food.

I ran through the bodies of soldiers and Narnian creatures... And I finally saw him.

I started crying as I started running. He was gasping for breath.

"Robin, it's me. It's your mother." I whispered. As I gathered him in my arms, pressing a hand to his wound.

"Mo, mo. Mom..." He stuttered between breaths. He was in pain... In agony.

"My son. I'm so proud of you... For everything you've done..." I held his head close to me. "Your father would have been so proud... So, proud." The rain started mixing with my tears. His blood staining my dress and the grass.

"Your father would have been proud. And your uncle Edmund... And Grandpa. And... And Your uncle Lucien... They all would have been so proud." I whispered. "I love you..."

"I love you too mom." He said. "I die for Aslan... and I die for Narnia." Robin managed to croak out.

"Vyla..." I looked up and saw Aslan... As if he appeared out of thin air.

"Please tell me he's in your country."

"He will be... With the rest of his family who are waiting for him."

"Take me too... Please." I pleaded. "I lost everyone. I can't lose him too..."

Aslan shook his head.

"I cannot do that... There are things in store for you Vyla... You must live so things can come to pass."

"I don't know how I'll live without the people I love... I've lost my brother, my husband, my father... Now my son..."

"Don't cry... You have done a wonderful job... Bringing up Robin to become a fair, just, and wise king... Don't for a second feel like you could have done something different. Robin lived his life... Now you must live yours..."

I looked back down then back up. Aslan was gone.

I could feel Robin's last bit of life slowly slip away, until his heavy shallow breaths... Stopped.

I let out a loud. "No!" as I pulled my son closer to me.

I don't remember much after that... It was down pouring and two soldiers came over. They saw the blood on my dress and thought I was injured. So they carried me into the castle where a physician came in and started examining me.

That's when I blacked out.

~ ~ ~

When I woke up I was in my bed...

I sat up anxiously as I looked around.

There was a man sitting in my room.

"Who are you?" I demanded.

"I'd like to ask the same about you." He said. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes and a brown scruffy stubble.

"I asked first."

He stood and walked to the foot of my bed.

"King Caspian of Telmar." He bowed his head slightly. "Now... What is your name my lady?"

"Lady Vyla... Dennor. I said deciding to keep my real last name secret.

"Dennor... Dennor... There was a legend hundreds of years ago about a Sir Covan Dennor... He served with King Durlan before King Durlan was king..."

"Yes. He was a proud knight of Telmar before he fought alongside Aslan and King Peter in the first Battle of Beruna, fought during the Calormen conquest, during the battle for Ettinsmore, The Archenland conflicts, was a faithful subject and knight of Aslan, High King Peter, then High King Robin as well as being a kind husband, father and grandfather... They're no legends..."

"You sound like you've been there..." The apparent King Caspian said.

"I'm one of his descendants..."

Caspian's stern face turned into a smile.

"You're one of us... A Telmarine?"

"I don't get my looks from him that's for sure." I let a somber smile touch my lips.

"You're one of us... Through and through." He said holding his hand out.

"You didn't say that to my son. Who you mercilessly killed out there!" I shouted standing.

"I offer you my sincerest apologies... If I would have known."

"If you would have known you would have only spared him? What about all the other lives that were lost?" I asked.

Caspian stood.

"You should be thankful I spared you. I am the new King of Narnia. And theres nothing anyone can do about it." He said before leaving.