~Chapter 37~

"Where's Vy?" Peter asked frantically looking around at the remaining Narnian's in the darkness.

Reep ran in front of Peter and took his feathered circlet off his ear, bowing his head slightly.

"My lord... She was stabbed defending the gatehouse. She told me to... Find the physician's nurse. I was able to do that before joining you all in battle... She told me to get to safety... And she wanted me to tell you she loved you."

"You left her there?"

"There was only so much I could do sire."

Peter's lip quivered in anger as they continued walking. The sun was just starting to come up when they approached the How.

"What happened?" Lucy asked.

"Ask him." Peter said spitefully.

"Peter." Susan mumbled.

"Me? You could have called it off. There was still time." Caspian said.

"No there wasn't thanks to you. If you'd kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive right now... And my wife would be here..."

"And, if you'd just stayed here like I suggested, they definitely would be!" Caspian shouted back.

"You called us, remember?"

"My first mistake."

"No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people."

"Hey! I am not the one who abandoned Narnia." Caspian shouted after him.

"You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to it than Miraz does! You, him, your father... Narnia's better off without the lot of you!" Peter shouted.

Caspian shouted too as they both drew their swords, pointing them at each other's necks.

"Stop it!" Edmund shouted as Glenstorm set down an injured Trumpkin.

Lucy ran over and gave him a drop from her cordial. They waited a moment before he opened his eyes.

"What are you all standing around for? The Telmarines will be here soon enough." He mumbled.

Lucy smiled at him.

"Thank you, my dear little friend." He smiled back at Lucy.

The four Pevensie's turn and walked back into the How, following after Caspian. Edmund placed a hand on Peter's shoulder.

"This is what I was worried about... We were just reunited and she was taken from me... again."

"I'm sure she'll be fine... Reep said he got someone to help her."

"That's all we can hope." Peter mumbled.