~Chapter 46~

~Part III~

(London)

(1941-1942)

~Chapter 46~

London was strange... Very strange. We didn't know what Aslan did but no one really remembered Susan in their world. Whenever she was mentioned people would say something like, "I hope she's doing well." Or, "I hope she's okay while she's away."

Peter suggested changing my name to something less Narnian and I settled on Violet. I also met Mrs. Pevensie. She was very nice. 

Peter and I married in London, again, as soon as he turned eighteen which was soon after we got back. It was super traditional according to them. I wore a white dress and a veil and had a bouquet. It was strange to me.

A little less than a year passed before Lucy and Edmund went to go live with their aunt and uncle while Peter and I went to America with Mr. and Mrs. Pevensie. I felt bad leaving them...

I didn't know what it was about America but... Almost the second we arrived my health started declining.

I was always tired, always had headaches, and on more than one occasion, Peter found me unconscious.

it was one particular night after Peter had found me again. He had carride me to bed and was kneeling net to my head.

"I'm worried about you Vy." Peter whispered holding my hand, kneeling next to my bed. The only light was from the candle, which illuminated his face.

"Well I am, thirteen hundred and eighteen years old." I smiled.

"Maybe.... Maybe that's why... You were born in Narnia... Maybe you were destined to live in Narnia."

"Of course, I was Peter... But... I'd sacrifice it all to be with you." I said. Peter was running his hand through my hair, which had gotten much browner and less wine colored since I came to their earth.

"Maybe you should go back." Peter whispered.

"No... You can never go back Peter... If I went back I'd never see you again."

"Vy... You're dying." He was going to say more but before he could I cut him off,

"That's never stopped me before."

He chuckled as he rolled his eyes.

"But, maybe you need to think about, going home."

"My home is wherever you are." I replied.

"But I can't stand seeing you like this." He whispered.

I reached out and touched his face. "I spent, so long without you... I don't know if I can do it again."

"Maybe we were never really meant to be together."

"Don't say that."

"Vyla, you spent thirteen hundred years without me! You watched your brother, your father, and our son die. You watched our home be invaded. And now you're dying... And I know there's nothing I can do about it."

"That's not true... You've been my husband... And that's all I could ask."

"Will you please return?" He whispered.

"Susan will come back here then."

"Maybe... Or maybe she'll be able to stay there as well... We'll never know until we try."

"I have no way to get back though."

"I'm sure Aslan will help us out with that."

I managed to sit up on the bed. Peter was kneeling next to it. I lifted his chin so he could look up at me.

"You'll always be My King." I whispered.

"And you'll always be My Queen." He replied, tears in his eyes as he kissed my hand.

"we both know that that statement is not only untrue but it never will be true."

"Just because you're not a real queen doesn't mean I can't treat you like one." He smiled.

~ ~ ~

I didn't know when I fell asleep that night it would be the last night I had with Peter.

I woke up on a beach, coughing up sand.

The sun was bright. I looked down and noticed I was wearing the same red dress I had been wearing when I left Narnia.

I stood and started walking along the beach, noticing the giant wave that was frozen against the sky.

Then I saw someone standing and the outline of a lion in the distance. I started running as fast as I could no longer feeling ill.

"Aslan!" I shouted.

The figure and the lion turned towards me as I ran.

"Welcome home, lady Vyla." Aslan said. I let out a deep sigh as I threw my arms around Caspian.

"How are you?" I asked.

"I should ask you the same thing." He replied.

"Susan?" I asked.

"Susan went back home a while ago..." He looked sad.

"She... She did?"

"You forget time works differently here..." Aslan said.

"You brought me back, didn't you?"

"I warned you when you left, that living in their world would not be easy... It just took a while for you to realize that you and Peter are two sides of the same coin. One half that lives here, and one that lives there."

I could feel tears swelling in my eyes. Then I looked at the wave.

"this is your country... Isn't it?" I smiled.

"If you wish, you may join the many people who have entered."

I hesitated. Before shaking my head.

"I know that you brought me back for something... I just don't know what for yet." I said.

"You will always have a home in my castle." Caspian said.

"Well then... I guess... that's settled... It might be another thirteen hundred years before I see my husband again but... I know that this is where I belong."

Aslan lowered his head slightly.

"You two must return now... But as I told Lucy... I'm always watching." Aslan said as he turned and walked into the wave.

Till the End of Time ~ A Peter Pevensie Fan-Fictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें