~Chapter 33~

"Susan, get up!" Lucy loudly whispered to her sister.

"Certainly, Lu. Whatever you like." Susan mumbled as she rolled over and kept sleeping.

Lucy got to her feet and walked towards one of the trees, placing a hand on it.

"Wake up." She whispered to it.

She kept walking before, "Aslan?" She asked hearing a growl.

Then someone grabbed her from behind, putting a hand over her mouth, dragging her back from the ledge. Lucy looked and saw Peter. He lets go of her and they look over to see the source of the growl. The minotaur.

Peter signaled Lucy to be quiet and drew his sword. He slowly starts walking towards the minotaur. Then, out of nowhere someone attacked him. Peter swung his sword but missed, and got his sword stuck in a tree.

The attacker kicked Peter and he fell to the ground. Peter recovered, coming at his attacker with a rock. The two are about to strike each other before,

"No!" Lucy shouted and they stop. Peter looks around as the Narnians come out of hiding. The attacker points Peters sword at him and breathed heavily.

"Prince Caspian?" Peter asked.

"Yes. And who are you?" he replied.

"Peter!" Susan shouted running down from the ledge.

Susan, Edmund, and Trumpkin run down to them. Caspian looked down at the sword in his hand and noticed the lion head. Then he looks back up at Peter.

"High King Peter?" Caspian asked.

"I believe you called." Peter replied.

"Well yes, but... I thought you'd be older."

"Well, if you'd like, we can come back in a few years." Peter said smugly.

"No! No, that's alright. You're just... You're not exactly what I expected."

Caspian looked towards Susan.

"Neither are you..." Edmund says as he looks at a minotaur.

"A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes." Trufflehunter cuts in.

"We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege. Our hearts and swords are at your service." Reepicheep said, bowing his head.

"Oh my gosh, he is so cute." Lucy whispered to Susan.

Reepicheep drew his sword. "Who said that?!" He demanded.

"Sorry." Lucy replied.

"Oh, uh... your majesty. With the greatest respect...I do believe courageous, courteous, or chivalrous might more befit a knight of Narnia." Reep replied.

"Well, at least we know some of you can handle a blade." Peter said.

"Yes, indeed. And I have recently put it to good use acquiring weapons for your army, sire." Reep replied

"Good. Because we're going to need every sword we can get." Peter mumbled.

"Well then, you'll probably be wanting yours back." Caspian said holding the sword out for Peter. Peter took it and put it back into his scabbard.

"Well we have people waiting for us... We should get going." Caspian said.

They start walking, Peter and Caspian leading the way.

"How's it been?" Peter asked, his voice low.

"Strange... Very strange... But I have a wonderful advisor to help me along with all these great soldiers."

"Be careful, you'll end up falling in love with her and marrying her." Peter chuckled.

"You have nothing to worry about..." Caspian smiled. "She too has been awaiting your return, even longer than me..."

"Good to know we've been missed..."

Then the woods ended and The How came into view.