~Chapter 25~

I through the orchard in my robe. It was very early morning. The sun wasn't even up yet.

I wanted to get some fresh air before everyone started stirring, putting together the final preparations for our wedding... The day had finally come.

"Vyla?"

I turned and smiled as I saw Aslan approach me.

I ran to him, throwing my arms around his mane.

"I had a feeling you'd come." I smiled.

He lowered his head slightly as we started walking.

"You, young Vyla have done an amazing job keeping the Kings and Queens together."

I shook my head.

"I don't think so..."

"Believe what you want." Aslan replied. "I hear you're marrying Peter today."

"That's why you're here isn't it?" I asked.

"Partially... I cannot stay for long though."

"Why not?"

"Because I have other matters to take care of."

"It's been a long time since we've seen you though... And I'm sure the Pevensies will want to see you too..."

"Vyla, I must tell you not to tell anyone that I've come back."

"But you'll attend our wedding, right?" I asked.

"That is the only reason I have come back... But I must leave right after."

"Back to your country..." I mumbled. "How are Luc and my mother?"

Aslan lowered his head again.

"You know I cannot tell you. But they're happy and miss you and your father dearly."

"Tell them I miss them too."

Aslan lowered his head once again.

"Are you anxious to become queen of Narnia?"

I shook my head.

"We've discussed this. Susan and Lucy will stay as Queens and I will keep my title of lady because they are the true Queens..."

"Vyla... You have humbled yourself and shown the traits of a true queen... Although you are not accepting the title... as I once said, 'Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen. May your wisdom grace us until the stars rain down from the heavens...' You are a queen in my eyes, and I'm sure Peter's."

I smiled a small smile.

"My dear Vyla... I must leave you right now but don't fret, I will be back later. I wouldn't dare miss your wedding to King Peter."

I wrapped my arms around Aslan's neck and hugged him again. Then I started walking back to the castle as the sun started creeping over the mountains and trees.

I walked back into the castle and was met with Lucy, who didn't say anything as she grabbed my arm and started pulling me towards my room. "Susan and I have been looking everywhere for you. Where have you been?" She asked. "We don't want Peter to see you."

I looked back over my shoulder as she opened my door and pushed me inside.

"You found her." Susan smiled taking my arm and sitting me in front of my mirror.

~ ~ ~