~Chapter 19~

Aug barely landed in the grass before I jumped off, clutching my bag for dear life as I ran towards the castle.

"Vyla!" I heard my name as I saw the tall blonde running towards me.

I ran, and jumped and hugged peter, burying my head in his shoulder.

"You, you need to get Aleurian out of prison. He, he sacrificed himself so I could get away." I rambled.

Peter placed me on the ground and held my face.

"It's alright. We'll get him out." He whispered, pulling me into a hug again.

I embraced the moment but quickly pushed him away. I reached into my bag and pulled out the scroll.

"This is it Pete." I smiled.

"Well then let's go." He took my hand and we ran to the castle.

"Where's Maxinan?" Peter asked a passing faun.

He shook his head as we looked past him, where Edmund was holding onto his cloak.

"Found him trying to go out the back." Ed said.

Peter approached him with the scroll in his hand.

"Governor Maxinan, you tried to lie to your high king... the law you were trying to get fulfilled was abolished two years ago when we came into power..."

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said, spitefully.

"Yes, you do papa." Oramythh brushed past me. "You just couldn't live with the fact that I loved, Aleurian, so you had to go and try to pull something."

"Aleurian... The traitorous boy who's in jail now? Who's sentenced to die tomorrow." Maxinan said.

"What?" Oramythh looked over her shoulder at me. I swallowed hard.

"As the High King, I can overrule you now that you have no power." Peter said.

"Good luck with that... No daughter of mine or my wife will be marrying a servant boy."

"Oramythh, can I talk to you?" I asked as Peter and Edmund took her father away.

"He's right... with my stepmother I... She'd never let me marry him."

"Unless you move here." I said. "She's your stepmother, she has no power over you... You're old enough to make your own decisions, especially here."

"You know Vy... I can't thank you enough..." She said hugging me.

"I couldn't have done it without your help."

~ ~ ~

I watched people pulled the boat onto the sand. Aleurian hopped out with one of the fauns we had sent, with his brother and mother, who already looked a million times better.

"Al!" Oramythh screamed as she ran to him, hugging him then kissing him.

I smiled as I watched them, reunited after a stressful week. I could feel Peter walk up next to me, but I didn't look at him.

"A new governor has been appointed." I said looking down at my piece of parchment. "A good one... I did my research. And Lady Meerdarawith has been removed from the castle."

"Good." Peter said.

"Aren't they cute." I smiled, looking at Aleurian and Oramythh. Aleurian was holding her face in one of his hands, running his fingers through her hair with the other.

"Yeah..." He chuckled.

We continued just standing there, quiet until Peter decided to say,

"Vy?"

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Um...-"

"Vyla!" Aleurian called from the beach as he motioned to us. I gave Peter's had a squeeze before running down to them.

"Mom." Aleurian said as he helped his mother up from where she was sitting in the sand. "This is Vyla... She's the reason for you and Cade being able to come..."

"No, I'm not. King Peter is." I said turning slightly and making eye contact with him, standing on the balcony.

"But you helped." He smiled. "And it's because of you we can marry now." He reached his hand out for Oramythh.

"And I hope you two are very happy together." I smiled, glancing at Peter, over Oramythh's shoulder. He turned and walked back into the castle.