~Chapter 15~

It was cold. Almost eerie for spring. It was so late. The whole castle was sleeping. Except me. I decided to go all out and wear all black, and a scarf over my face to cover my mouth as I snuck through the castle, like Luc had shown me when we used to hunt.

I took a pin form my hair and started picking the lock. I got it done quickly and opened the door. Closing it behind me I walked over to the bed and placed a hand over Oramythh's mouth.

"Shh." I said as her eyes snapped open. "I won't hurt you... I just needed to talk to you alone."

She sat up. Although her eyes were brown the golden flecks glowed in the darkness.

"What do you want to talk about?" She swallowed hard.

"I know you don't want to marry Peter."

"I will do anything my father asks of me. For the good of our country."

"I also know you and Aleurian are more than just 'good friends'." She swallowed hard.

"What are you talking about?"

"You two have loved each other since you were kids... He told me. He also said he would die a million times over if it meant he could be with you..."

"He said that?" Oramythh looked down at her hands.

I nodded.

"I know you don't want to marry Peter... And he doesn't want to marry you."

She looked up, and that was when I noticed her tears.

"I can get you out of your marriage with Peter but not without your help... I already have Aleurian on board but it'll mean nothing if I don't have yours..."

"What do you want me to do?"

"I just need to know everything... I know you're close with your father..."

She nodded.

"My father isn't the most noble of men. He was only elected as governor shortly after the Pevensies were crowned... He got rid of the whole council and replaced it with his close associates... The law that he's talking about was abolished two years ago when the Kings and Queens took the throne... My father is trying to trick the whole council into thinking it never was so I could marry into royalty therefore giving him more power than he already has... As much as I love him... I don't want that to happen..."

I took her thin soft hand in mine.

"Where is the scroll declaring the abolishment?" I asked.

"The lone islands... In my father's study..."

"It's Thursday, right?" I asked.

She shook her head. "It's Friday morning."

"I have less time than I thought... Besides you who knows the lone islands who would be willing to help?"

"My father moved us there when I was five... But Aleurian lived there his whole life..."

"Then I guess he and I are taking a trip... If your father asks where he went... Say you don't know... deny everything and try to hold off the wedding as long as possible... And... Don't tell Peter. I don't want him to come after us."

I stood and walked back to her door.

"You're not going to make it all the way to the Lone Islands and back before Sunday..."

"Maybe not... But I'll sure as heck try." I smiled leaving.

I went down to the basement where I knew Aleurian slept and shook him awake.

"Pack a bag... quickly and quietly and met me in the stables." I said.

"Vy?" He rubbed his eyes. "Why?"

"You wanna be with Oramythh... Then you'll do exactly what I say." I said.

He nodded as I left, walking back upstairs. Packing my own bag and grabbing my dagger for emergencies, I started down the hall, and stopped in front of a particular door. I placed my hand on the door, pushed it open and walked inside.

I closed it behind me and placed my bag softly on the floor next to me.

I approached the giant bed and looked at Peter, sleeping peacefully. I placed the note on his dresser and kissed his head softly.

"You're not getting married... Not if I can help it." I whispered as I headed back out the door.

~ ~ ~

I ran the second I hit the cobblestone of the courtyard. Aleurian was there waiting.

"Care to explain what we're doing."

"Talked to your girlfriend... She said no one knows the Lone Islands like you."

"Their wedding is scheduled for Sunday. We're not going to make it by boat."

"Who said anything about a boat?" I chuckled as I walked to the last stall.

The gryphon reared before shaking his feathers and letting out a screech.

"I'm happy to see you too boy." I smiled as he nuzzled against me.

I climbed onto his back and waited for Aleurian to climb behind me.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm scared of heights." He said.

"Do you want Oramythh to be married to Peter Pevensie for the rest of her life?"

He shook his head as he climbed behind me, holding on for dear life before we even took flight. Auglock walked out of the stable and prepared for takeoff.

"Just don't look down." I said over my shoulder.

"We're going to the Lone Island of Doorn buddy." I said to the gryphon. He screeched before he bent his knees, and took flight. He started flying towards the ocean, and about an hour later the sun started to come up. All that was around us was water.

It took about four hours and I felt so bad for pushing Auglock. Four hours, no rest, carrying two teens... but we eventually saw the city.

"drop us just outside boy." I said and he let out a low but tired sounding screech.

"Hide and rest..." I told him as we found a small grouping of trees. "We'll be back in a day." I told him.

He let out another low screech and disappeared into the forest.

"It's about five miles from here." Aleurian said as he started walking.

I nodded as I took off running.