~Chapter 41~

Peter was sitting against the wall, playing with the ring around his finger.

"King Peter." The faun said, not even trying to keep his voice down.

Peter sat up.

"Caspian told me to tell you that Lady Vyla has returned."

Peter was on his feet in seconds, running through the temple till he saw Susan. Edmund was leaning against the wall and Caspian was pacing.

"Was I the last one to know about this?" Peter asked.

"We all happened to be around when she returned..." Susan said.

Peter walked over to the doorway where the faun was guarding it.

"I was told not to let anyone in sire." He said.

"Please... She's my wife..." Peter whispered. The faun nodded as he moved to the side letting Peter in.

He just stared at her... Doctor Cornelius was doing his best to stop the bleeding coming from her side. She had a bandage around her leg as well.

"Pull up a chair my king." Cornelius said.

"How is she?" Peter mumbled, pulling a stool over to the other side of the table. He took her cold hand in his.

"Well she would have been fine... if this wound hadn't been reopened... And however, she reopened it... It's not pretty... I don't think she'll make it considering how much blood she's lost..."

Peter kissed her hand before he heard shouting outside.

"Where is she!"

Peter looked up before standing and walking back out.

"what's going on."

Edmund was holding Lucy back while she struggled to get free.

"I can help her!" Lucy said holding out her cordial.

Peter's eyes widened as Edmund let her go. He motioned her into the room where Cornelius was still dabbing cloths into Vyla's side.

Lucy walked around the table towards Vyla's head, before dropping a single drop of her cordial into her mouth.

Cornelius looked up.

"The bleeding stopped." He said.

Lucy smiled as she looked at Peter, who had tears in his eyes. He smiled at his sister before pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you." Peter whispered.

"Of course..." Lucy replied.

"I'll wrap the wound even though it's already starting to heal." Cornelius said as he gathered some bandages.

"Help me lift her?" He asked.

Peter nodded as he lifted Vyla's head, so he could wrap the bandage around her waist.

"Why isn't she waking up?" Peter asked holding her in his arms.

"Some wounds are more severe than others Peter..." Lucy said.

Peter brushed a lock of Vyla's hair off her face.

"I'll leave you." Cornelius said as he walked towards the doorway.

Peter didn't move as he continued to hold Vyla in his arms.

"She would want you to get some rest you know." Lucy whispered.

"I can't leave her again..." Peter replied. Lucy carefully took one of Vyla's hands.

"Peter... Are these rings familiar?" She asked.

"Yeah..." Peter smiled. "That one was her fathers." He pointed to the one on Vyla's thumb. "And that one was her mothers." He said pointing to the one on her right ring finger.

"What about this one?" she asked pointing to another simple silver band on her left-hand pointer finger.

"I don't know... We'll have to ask her when she wakes up."

Peter looked down at Vyla's face. She had a nasty yellowish greenish purple bruise on her left cheek, which crept up to her eye and some of her forehead. She had a cut on her eyebrow, A cut in the middle of her bottom lip and one on the right side of her upper lip. And one on her right cheek bone.

"Part of me still can't believe that... She lived without you for so long, and she still loves you."

"I can't believe it either..." Peter whispered, looking down at his wife.