~Chapter 9~

I took a deep breath as I walked down towards the lake near Cair Paravel.

It was the evening after the battle. I approached the two fauns tasked with preparing his body. There was a ginormous boat. He was tall but this boat was two, at least three times his height. It was surrounded by flowers of almost every variety that grew in Narnia, in every color as well.

He looked... Peaceful. He was wearing the cloak our mother made for him, under my request. But his red tunic had the crest of the lion on it. His dark hair was brushed out and his eyes were closed. I knelt down next to the boat and placed a hand on his, which were crossed over his stomach. They were cold and stiff... Lifeless.

I looked up and watched as I saw the five figures and the lion walk down the steps from the castle.

I dried my eyes as I stood.

My dad stood on my left, Peter on my right as we crowded around Luc.

"Today, we send our dearly departed brother; Lucien Barthlaim Dennor, Ranger of Narnia to his eternal rest." Aslan said. "Covan, Vyla, would you do the honors?" He asked.

I nodded stepping out of the line with my father and together we pushed the boat into the ocean.

We looked to one of the fauns who was now holding a bow and arrow, and the other faun, lit the arrow.

The first faun drew and fired the arrow right into the boat.

It slowly caught fire... A proper burial for an archer like him.

My dad wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me closer as I felt a tear slowly slide down my face.

But I didn't feel like being sad... I had lost my dear brother... But he would have died a thousand times over to be able to have Narnia freed from the Witch's control. And that was good enough for me. To know his death was not in vain.

I sat there watching the fire burn as the fauns, the Pevensie's, and my father all eventually went back to the castle.

"Vyla." Aslan said standing next to me. "Do not shed a tear for your brother... For one day you will join him in my country."

"I know... One day I'll see him again... Aslan?"

"Yes?" He replied.

"Is my mother in your country."

Aslan paused.

"Yes... Yes, she is... And shortly I will join her, and your brother..."

"You're leaving?" I asked looking at him.

"I must... But I will be back one day, don't worry."

"Can you please tell him... Them both that I love them... and I miss them."

"I will be sure of it." I couldn't tell but I was sure he was smiling. "And I would prefer if you kept my leaving between us... For now, anyways."

I nodded. "Of course."

We sat quietly.

"They're going to do a good job wont they." I smiled.

"I'm sure of it." Aslan replied.

And we stared out, as the sun started to set, as the fire continued to burn.

AN: Hello! Hope you're enjoying so far.
I know it was a short chapter but I'll post the next one later today.
Also. 150 reads? When did that happen? That's. 149 more than I thought I'd get. Anyways again. Hope you're enjoying the story.
~K