~Chapter 7~

I was sitting outside watching everyone at the feast. I didn't know why but something felt off. Something wasn't right...
I was sitting next to Luc, picking at the food on my plate as he talked with some fauns.

"Luc..." I whispered.

He was smiling as he turned to me.

"What?" He asked, taking a swig of ale.

"Something's wrong..." I mumbled.

"What do you mean?" He asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Aslan hasn't been out since his meeting with Jadis..."

He looked up and followed my gaze to Aslan's tent. "After a meeting with her I'd need a long time to recuperate too." He chuckled.

But I wasn't laughing. I was worried...

When the feast was over I couldn't sleep so I resorted to walking around the camp.

I noticed at last, Aslan walked out of his tent and into the woods. I didn't follow, not wanting to disturb him. But I decided to return to the tent Luc and I were sharing. I didn't go inside but sat near the opening. I reached into the pocket of my shirt and pulled out the picture of my mother. The picture that almost cost me my life.

I sat there, looking at it till the first light just started to poke out over the horizon. Then I felt a slight breeze rustling through the trees... I watched as the flower petals made their way softly through the camp and into Peter and Edmund's tent.

I found it was strange, so I followed it. I walked quietly over to the tent and stood outside.
I could faintly hear talking,

"Be still, my Princes. I bring grave news from your sisters..."

I placed a hand over my mouth as I heard what the voice had to say...

Aslan... was dead. My first thought was he sacrificed himself for Edmund... That was what they had to have agreed on. 

I hid behind a nearby bush as I saw Peter walk out, Edmund close on his heels.

When they were out of earshot I stood and ran back to Luc and I's tent.

I opened the tent flap and rushed to Luc's side, shaking him awake. He was a little groggy from all he had to drink.

"Luc." I whispered, letting tears fall.

"It's to early." He replied.

"Luc, Aslan's dead."

That got his attention. He turned and looked at me kneeling next to his hammock.

I'm sure he didn't think I was telling the truth but when he noticed the tears running down my face. His smile quickly faded.

"Oh, you're serious..."

"I overheard a dryad tell Peter......" I whispered.

He placed his hand on my face. "It's okay..." I wrapped my arms around his neck and we embraced.

"I... I need to talk to Peter." I whispered as I let go. Luc got up and started getting ready as I walked out.

I started walking towards Aslan's tent where Peter, Edmund and Oreius, the centaur, were standing. Just as I approached, I heard Edmund say, "Aslan believed you could. And so do I."

"The Witch's army is nearing, sire. What are your orders?" Oreius asked.

Peter let out a deep breath.

"I guess we need to prepare then... Assemble everyone... Tell them to be ready. We leave at noon."

Oreius nodded and walked off with Edmund, leaving Peter to look at the map on his own.