~Chapter 8~

Peter climbed onto his unicorn as I slid his sword into the scabbard on his saddle. I picked up his helmet in one hand and his shield in my other.

"Here." I said handing him his helmet first. He took it and put it on, leaving the visor up. I handed him his shield and he held it in his left hand.

"What about you?" He asked.

"What about me?" I replied.

"Where are you going to be during this?"

"Fighting alongside you... Luc is up with the archers. I'm not going to be on the sidelines... So where else would I be?"

"Somewhere safe..." Peter said simply.

"Peter... You know I would die before I let that Witch win."

"Well then... You better get ready too..." He said.

I smiled as he turned his unicorn and headed towards the open plain where we would be fighting.

~ ~ ~

My armor wasn't too elaborate. I wanted to be able to move. Only a chainmail shirt and breastplate, like the female centaurs.

I climbed onto the back of one of the other centaurs and we rode to the plain. I saw Peter, standing on a mound in front of the entire army.

I couldn't see Luc on the cliff. But that was a good thing being because that was one of his strong suits... Being invisible.

The centaur dropped me near Edmund on the rocks above the field.

"You think he can do this?" He asked.

"I know he can... So, can you... Don't have any doubt in your mind that this is what you're supposed to do... where you're supposed to be."

He didn't respond as we saw the Witch and her army come over the hill. She was in a chariot being pulled by two polar bears.

Peter drew his sword and a trumpet sounded. Everyone started cheering and drawing their weapons. I did the same drawing mine as Edmund drew his own.

Then all of a sudden. The Witch's army started to advance.

Peter waited a moment before moving his sword, signaling for the creatures of the air to take flight.

I noticed Edmund looked up but I didn't move my eye form Peter. The gryphons started dropping boulders onto the Witch's minions. It hurt me to watch as her bowmen started picking them off from the sky.

I saw Peter turn towards Oreius and say something.

Looking back to the field, Peter shouted,

"For Narnia and for Aslan!" His unicorn reared on its hind legs before taking off at a run.

Centaurs, fauns, satyrs, leopards, and rhinoceroses started running down the grassy plain.

I held my breath as I stood with Edmund... Watching. And that's all I could do was watch as soldiers on each side fell.

Edmund raised his sword and signaled the archers to fire their flaming arrows.

I watched as Peter lifted his visor up, looking at the Witch as she crossed through the line of fire. There was another sound of a horn.

"That's the signal. Come on!" Mr. Beaver said as he and Edmund moved from their spot. I followed.

I looked back over my shoulder and realized what Peter was doing... He was drawing them back towards the rocks.