~Chapter 45~

We rode through the streets as people threw flower petals into the air in celebration of Caspian's coronation.

I was taking a break from the party as I walked through the courtyard later that night.

"Vyla." My head snapped up as I saw Aslan walking towards me.

"Aslan." I curtsied slightly as he walked along side of me.

"You know, Peter and the others must return now."

"But... That means Peter and I can't be together?" I whispered.

"Four came through, only four can go back..." Aslan said.

Then I lifted my head up and looked over at him.

"What if, I go in Susan's place? She can live here with Caspian, and I can live there with Peter."

"You'd really give up everything?"

"There's nothing for me here... If I have to live the rest of my days without Peter that's not a life I'd like to live." I whispered.

"Well then... I'm sure I can make that arrangement... But before you decide. Life in their world is nothing like life in this one... It'll be hard and difficult for someone like you."

"That's a risk I'm willing to take."

"Then it's settled." Aslan said as we walked to the castle.

~ ~ ~

The next morning, I noticed Peter wasn't in bed.

I quickly got up and ready and walked through the castle in search of him. We hardly left each other's side since the battle. I found Caspian, watching as Susan and Peter were talking to Aslan.

"What are they talking about?" I asked.

"I don't know..." Caspian replied.

Caspian turned about to walk away before Aslan said, "Your Majesty?"

I notice he and Susan exchanged a look. Caspian smiled slightly before saying, "we are ready, everyone has assembled.

Peter wrapped his arm around me as we walked to the tree at one of the corners of the town.

"Narnia belongs to the Narnians just as it does to man. Any Telmarnies who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to. And for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the home of our forefathers." Caspian started addressing the people.

"It has been generations since we left Telmar." One of the crowd said.

"We are not referring to Telmar. Your ancestors were sea-faring brigands, pirates run aground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world, the same world as our kings and queens." Aslan said looking at the Pevensie's.

"It is to that island I can return you. It is a good place for any who wish to make a new start." He finished.

"I will go. I will accept the offer." General Glozelle said.

"So, will we." Prunaprimsia, carrying her baby added. She and another Telmarine Lord followed Glozelle and stood before Aslan.

"Because you have spoken first, your future in that world will be good." Then Aslan breathed on them, and then the tree behind Caspian twisted, forming a round opening.

They walk through the door into the air... and vanish from sight. The people let out worried gasps.

"How do we know he is not leading us to our deaths?!" Someone shouted.

"Sire, if my example can be of any service, I will take eleven mice though with no delay." Reep said, coming before Aslan.

Peter and Susan looked at each other. Then Peter looked at me before he stepped forward.

"We'll go." He said.

"We will?" Edmund asked.

"Come on. Our time's up." Peter let go of my hand and walked over to Caspian and offers his sword.

"After all, we're not really needed here anymore." Caspian took the sword.

"I will look after it until your return." Caspian said.

"I'm afraid that's just it. ... We're not coming back..." Susan said.

"We're not?" Lucy asked.

"You two will." Peter starts... "And Susan... You're staying here... With Caspian."

Susan smiled a small smile.

Peter looked at Aslan then back at me, extending a hand out. I smile as I walk over and took it.

"At least, I think he means you two."

"But why? Did they do something wrong?" Lucy asked.

"Quite the opposite, dear one. But all things have their time. Your brother and his wife have learned what they can from this world. Now it's time for them to live in their own." Aslan replied.

"It's alright, Lu. It's not how I thought it would be, but it's alright. One day you'll see too. Come on." Peter takes Lucy's hand and leads me and her over to the tree. I smiled as I watched, Peter shake Glenstorm's hand. Edmund, Lucy, Trumpkin, and Cornelius bow to each other.

Then Lucy hugs Trumpkin.

I watched as Susan walked over to Caspian and kissed him. Then then they embrace. Peter walked back over to me.

"You sure you want to come?"

I looked back at Caspian who had his arm around Susan.

"Of course." I whisper.

We took a step towards the tree before I let go of Peter's hand and ran over to Susan, hugging her.

"Don't let thirteen hundred years matter." I whispered in her ear. She chuckled. As I looked at her. Then I hugged Caspian.

"Thank you for all your help... Fellow Telmarine." He smiled.

I nodded as I walked back over to Peter. I looked one last time at the Narnia I knew before I, followed Edmund and Peter into the tree.

And just like that... I was in a loud place, in clothes I'd never wear.