~Chapter 4~

They had knocked me out... By the time I regained consciousness I was freezing... More so than normal.

I looked around and noticed I was in a cell made of iron, stone, and ice. I had shackles around my wrists.

"She's awake." Someone called outside the cell. I put my face against the bars as a dwarf walked over and opened the cell. "Come on." He said.

I stood and followed him through in the cold, ice, and stone palace.

I saw her first... She was kinda hard to miss... She was wearing a giant white dress that looked like it was made out of snow... I thought she was wearing a crown but they were just icicles coming out of her hair. She was beautiful, but terrifying sitting on her throne.

"What is your name?" She asked.

"Vy," I said simply, knowing my confidence and arrogance was either gonna save me or get me killed.

The dwarf next to me backhanded me in the stomach, knocking the wind out of me. I heaved over, trying to catch my breath.

"Your full name." She said, raising her voice.

"Why should I tell you?" I asked.

"Want another?" The dwarf asked, malice in his voice.

"I will step on you, little man," I said glaring at him, even though I wasn't much taller than he was.

He brought his hand back to hit me again but before he could the Witch stood.

"Don't... Girl... Your name..." She asked as she took a step closer to me, her dress billowing around her.

"Vyla."

"Vyla..." She said as she still drew closer till I could feel her cold breath on my face.

"I can't believe Theabryn has hidden you from me..." She whispered before slapping me across the face so hard, I could feel her rings tearing into my cheek and lip. The Witch turned and returned to her throne.

"You... You knew my mother?" I asked, tears from the pain forming in my eyes.

"You have the same eyes... I don't know why I didn't see it sooner."

"How do you know her?"

"She was one of the last Jinn to walk in Narnia."

"Jinn?" I asked confused.

"I'm not surprised she never told you about your heritage... She always wanted to be... Normal."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Your mother was of the race called Jinn. A race descended from Adam's first wife, Lilith. The Jinn possess innate magical abilities, sharp intellect, and extraordinary physical beauty... Your mother to a T."

"How do you know my mother?" I asked, growing more and more confused.

"The Jinn, a thousand years ago, inhabited the world of Charn alongside the giants... Some of the Jinn started interbreeding with the giants that also lived in Charn... The rest wanted to keep the race pure... I am a descendant of Jinn and Giant.

Your mother was a pure Jinn. We grew up together but were never close as my family was in the line of the royal family of Charn... When my sister and I had our falling out, all the inhabitants of Charn perished...

I didn't know that your mother had already escaped to Narnia... And when Charn was destroyed and I was brought here... I thought all Jinn were dead and I was the last one...