~Chapter 24~

I was sitting in my room, going over invitations with Susan and Lucy.

"Don't forget, Aleurian and Oramythh and his mom and brother." I said to Susan as she wrote it down on a piece of parchment.

"I think you should use wildflowers in your hair. They'll look really pretty with the color of your hair." Lucy said as she weaved a flower crown of daisies.

"I think that'll look really nice." I smiled as I looked from Lucy to Susan again, "So, Susan, has anyone caught yourfancy yet? You're almost eighteen."

"I honestly don't want to think about that yet... I'm surprised Peter's settling down as young as he is."

"Why's that?" I chuckled.

"He never took me as the type to eversettle down."

"I guess I did something right then."

"And I think proposing to you it's one of the best decisions he's ever made... Now, not only do we get a great sister in law, but now we don't have to worry about people coming from far and wide trying to marry their daughters off to the High King."

"You're right about that... I don't want to go through that again."

"Yeah we're actually going through with one this time." Lucy smiled.

I nodded.

"I've never been to a wedding before." Lucy sighed.

I smiled as I stood and walked over to where she was sitting at the foot of my bed. I sat next to her and wrapped my arm around her.

"I'm glad you two can be there." I sighed.

"What is it?" Lucy asked, noticing the somber look on my face.

"I also wish my mother and brother could have been there... And I don't even know how to tell Aslan..."

"I'm sure he knows." Lucy said. "He knows everything."

We sat there a moment before there was a knock on the door. "Come in." I said.

"Lady Vyla. Your presence is requested in the throne room." The faun said.

I nodded as I walked out, leaving Susan and Lucy.

When the faun was out of my sight I took off at a run.
And there he was standing, hands behind his back as he looked at the four thrones.

"Peter?" I asked in a loud whisper.

He turned and smiled. I ran and wrapped my arms around his neck as he spun me around.

"I can't wait till we're married." He sighed.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because... I feel like then saying goodbye will be easier."

I narrowed my eye at him. "What do you mean?" I asked moving my arms.

"I have to go."

"Where?" I asked.

"The Lone Islands... There's some things that need to be worked out..."

"I'll come with you." I said.

He just shook his head.

"Not this time." He said.

"Why not?"

"Because you have to prepare for our wedding for when I get home..." He said.

"How long do you think you'll be gone?" I asked.

He shrugged.

"I don't know..." He admitted.

"And when do you leave?"

"Tomorrow morning."

"Well then... The sooner you leave the sooner you'll be home and the sooner we can marry."